Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Sophie X asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Girls only PLEASE!!!?

Im a 13 year old girl about to have my second period and I just started wondering, don't us girls spend like a good percentage of our lives just bleeding or wearing a tampon/ ST???

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I've always though so, but just did some quick maths and if you assume a period lasts 5 days and you have one once a month between the ages of 13 and 50 and you live to be 75, then you only actually have an active period for about 0.8% of your life! (That's not including not having one when pregnant or for other reasons). Although it seems like an awful lot more than that when you're going through them!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hi,

Menstruation: Menstrual "periods" begin in most girls between 9 and 16 years of age. During the menstrual period a blood-like fluid flows out of the vagina. This is a monthly discharge and requires a girl to wear some kind of sanitary pad or tampon to absorb this fluid and keep it from soiling the clothes. Pads have adhesive strips and are worn inside the panties. Tampons are placed inside the vagina.

In the beginning the periods are irregular and scanty or heavy. Later they become regular. Most periods last from 3 to 7 days. After the period, there may be a day or two of light bleeding, called spotting. This is normal.

If bleeding occurs regularly between periods, the doctor must be consulted. Menstrual periods do not necessarily limit ones activities like swimming, sports, riding, or gym classes. Exercises help get rid of other discomforts that may be present during the periods. These include:

cramps

bloating

soreness or swelling in the breasts

headaches

sudden mood changes or irritability

depression

Source(s): Medical Expert
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yup.

We do spend some time bleeding, but worse than the blood is the before and after hormonal changes, the mood swings and discomfort

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You are so lucky! Now days you can go on birth control pills that will only allow 4 periods a year or even just 1 a year!! Check it out Google ,"Birth control pills" Drs will put you on them if tell them that your periods are very pain full and you keep missing school or work ,, Your very welcome! :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

probably. sigh, guys have it so easy.

Edit: i was being sarcastic.

• 1 decade ago

guys have it easy??

girls are so pretty

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.