What do you know about Slovakia or Slovak republic?

Favorite Answer

i've not visited slovakia but i have had a few slovak friends (and i know the czech republic a little).

it is a typical central european country: hot summers, cold winters. it is not as industrialised as the czech republic, so it is poorer, but the economy works well enough that there is no serious problem with depopulation (unlike say in romania or bulgaria). the language is a nightmare (it is very similar to czech).

most of the film 'hostel' was set in slovakia. it will give you a good idea of what the country looks like (though slovaks are realy very friendly - not a bit like the psychos in the film).

• Martha

I live in Europe (Greece) so I know a lot of things about Slovakia (geographically and historically speaking). Myself, I was in Bratislava last year on Nov.25. It was amazingly beautiful, they had just decorated the city for Christmas, there was an open air bazaar, traditional dances, snow and lots of mulled wine. Magic!

I don't know much about it except that some of my mother's mother's mother's family may have come from there.

that it is a country on the map

nothing more!

*sorry!!*

nothing

Source(s): s.g.