Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

My ex-boyfriend, amusing story?

First of all, I've been a Correctional Officer for 2 years (since I was 25) in West Virginia (Huttonsville).

I won't get into too much detail about my relationship. I met him when I was 22 and it lasted about a year. It was great at first. No relationship is perfect, so of course we had problems, but it wasn't anything too serious. Over time, he became jealous and controlling... he was always paranoid and didn't seem to trust me. There were times I was actually scared for myself because I didn't know what he was going to do. We broke up.

Now here we are 4 years later and he's an inmate in the prison I work at, serving a sentence for domestic violence and assault. It probably would have been on me if we stayed together longer. How's that for karma?

Favorite Answer

wow! that's a great story

Not surprising in the least,especially in W.V. Seeing as how you spend 12 hours or so a day locked in that place with the convicts and you're on here talking about your experiences with that type of individual, it would seem that you're(still!) drawn to the criminal element and like living within close proximity to danger. Water seeks its' own level, I'm afraid; even with your education and wealth of bad experiences, you haven't left that life; nor are you likely to anytime soon. Good luck!

*cheers for you*

I'm so glad you got out of that relationship. Sad for him for being such a loser.

I have an ex who scared me like that, too. I've never of him again, though.

yes, that is an amusing story...but thank goodness you got out of that relationship while you did. hopefully you've learned your lesson about dating jealous and controlling men...

You were very lucky. Karma is good

good thing you got out when you did. however, i get the feeling that if he had tried anything you could have given him a beat down anyways!

• Prince

Thank Goodness...

You are extremly lucky... it was good that you broke up

Cheers

I'm glad u got out when u did!

Wow... i guess you made a REALLY GOOD Choice then hehehe

• uuummk

Wow. I would say that you are very lucky.