Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Simply "Tensing" your muscles very tightly, like squeezing as hard as you can, builds muscle correct?

what im asking is, simply tensing (clenching whatever you want to call it) your muscles very tightly and holding for awhile strengthens your muscles correct?

for example if i repeatedly thruout the day clenched my fists, my forearms would eventually start building muscle correct?

tensing muscles tightly is a way to build muscle, correct? thanks guys

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

it wouldnt build muscle unless you are skinny and arent used to putting your muscle under any strain at all.

even then it would only increase slightly! it will strengthen them and train them in endurance but you'll have to hold it for a while.

i tensed my abs for 1hr once and they were sore the next day, so i guess it works a bit.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Source(s): Body Building Exercise http://emuy.info/MuscleStrengthHealth
  • 1 decade ago

It could help tone your muscles, but it would not necessarily build muscles, unless you do it regularly and exert your best efforts every time. When you are weak, the resistance is also little so there would be very little resistance training which normally leads to muscle growth. Another danger in doing isometrics, unless supervised by a qualified trainer, is the Valsalva Manoeuvre wherein you tend to hold your breath in the process of trying to tense your muscles. The Valsalva Manoeuvre can raise your blood pressure to abnormal levels, thus doing more harm than good. If you do not have the time or money to go to a gym or undergo training, it may be better to use your own body weight for resistance training, as in doing push-ups and chin-ups.

• 5 years ago

"Simply how much can you bench?" If you is likely to be rich only buy finding a dollar for every time somebody requested you that! Use this plan https://tr.im/dCDb5 in order to impress them.

Just how much would you benchis became so crucial and this is the reason folks are constantly trying to boost their bench. Nothing feels as good as introducing yet another dish to the club when it's your change to use the benchin your gym.

The Critical Bench program will help you boost your benchwith the 5x5 technique. 5x5 technique suggests that you will do the same weight for 5 repetitions of 5 sets. You intend to find a fat that'll fatigue you by the last representative of the past set. This kind of training puts great deal of strain on muscle tissue and they've nothing else to accomplish but react and become stronger.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avL6r

You are correct, for mass and strength building you need to do low reps with high weight. The most important aspect will be your diet though. You need to take in 1-2 grams of protein for every pound of your body weight. So if you weigh 200lbs you need to take in between 200-400 grams of protein every day. This is only if you are serious and training serious. If you are not, then it will be a waste of your time and money. If you are serious about your training, and you are doing heavy weight with 6-8 reps per set, then you will notice the difference immedately. The most common mistake I see is people that train very hard, but their diet sucks and they are not giving their muscles enough protein to grow. I promise if you train hard and get 1-2 grams of protein per pound of body weight every day, you will explode in muscle mass and strength. Also, remember that you want to constantly progress. So as soon as you can do a weight for 8 reps, add 2.5 lbs. Then when you can do that weight for 8 reps, add another 2.5 lbs. Just a little at a time, the key is to keep moving forward. Additional--- Remember, your muscles grow while you rest. So when I say serious training, I dont mean training the same muscle groups 5 times a week. I mean that you train hard when you are at the gym and you make it to the gym at least 5 times a week. Unless someone is doing steroids, they can not train the same body part more then 2 times a week, 3 at the very, very most depending on the person and their age. I personally like to train chest, tricepts, and shoulders on mon and thurs. Then do back and bicepts on tues and fri. Then do legs on wed and sat and take sunday off completely. Last thing, I know that most people dont like to do legs but there has been study after study after study that shows people that train their legs gain anywhere from 10%-21% more UPPERbody strength then people that just train their upperbody. I know it sounds crazy, but its the truth. It is your body trying to remain in a state called homeostasis. Your body likes everything to be equal and balanced and does much better when everything grows equally.

• 1 decade ago

Yes. It is called "isometrics" or "isometric contractions." They are often used when a person is very weak due to injury or illness or forced atrophy.

The problem with isometrics is that they only build muscle through a minute range of motion. Other than that, go for it.

• 5 years ago

Are you currently looking to include 50lbs to your bench? Think about in 10 days? This really is what you will get with this specific easy lockout program https://tr.im/2rEr6 .

The Critical Bench program is really superior that a huge quantity of baseball coaches round the nation embrace this type of training for his or her athletes.

The program is not just used to help raise the benchpress but different ingredient pulls also, such as the squat and deadlift.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.