Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Damaged hair?

My hair is REALLY damaged.

I straighten it once every 2 or 3 days. I have to otherwise, i wont be able to leave my house! lol

I was wondering if there is any type of 'Household' Product to restor my hair and get it healty again.

I DONT want to cut it and i cant get out to any stores to buy conditioners and what not.

I heard Mayonaise and egg yolk would help but......what do you suggest?

Favorite Answer

Put olive oil on your hair as a hot oil treatment - you can leave it on overnight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Try this - wash and condition as usual. Apply a generous amount of conditioner after you get out of your shower and leave it in.

When your hair dry it will be soft and wavy. You can even manipulate the way it look by twirling locks of hair around your finger.

i'm not sure any home remedies like that really work... I havnt tried it personally.

If you have any conditioner then try to just leave it in for 20 minutes and see how your hair feels after that.

Without cutting it there isnt anything you can do to actually restore it to its full health again but there are ways to improve it.

When you're able to buy some product look into bumble and bumbles heat protectant spray. You spray it on each section before you straighten it and it gives a more sleek shiny look and prevents damage... :)

you're on the right track, I usually do the egg since it doesn't require an overnight treatment, and mayo kinda stinks when hot (yuck) . here are a few tips

How to Cure Damaged Hair with Natural Treatments

Cover the hair with mayonnaise, sleep with it throughout the night and wash in the morning.

Mix honey and eggs and put on hair for 10 minuets, then wash.

Take one egg:

Separate the egg yolk from the whites.

Whip out the whites.

Mix some water with the yolk and put in the blender until its smooth.

Add the whipped whites.

Wash hair with hot water and apply the mixture on hair.

Massage and wash with cold water.

Mix: 300mm coconut oil, 100mm simmondsia chinensis oil, 20mm Rosemary oil, a few drops of vitamin E. Refrigerate the mixture for 1 hour. Smear on hair, massage and wash with herbal tea or warm water.

Grind 3 carrots and put in a jar. Add some olive oil, refrigerate for 3 weeks, strain and use as a hair mask.

Mix: Olive oil, honey, egg yolk, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Smear on the scalp, massage, wait for 15 minutes and rinse with cold water.

either way, you'll smell like a salad, but they work

The straitening is not going to help this situation. Why don't you wear it up for a while to give your hair a break. That will help with the damage some. You really do need to give it a trim (about 1") to get it healthy again, though.

I have severely damaged hair from too much dying...and I use l'oreal nature's therapy mega moisture conditioner...in this jar...it's amazing in my opinion...it's done a lot for my hair...it has herbs and stuff in it and has a good apple fruity smell..i get it at Sally's

if you can't go out and buy conditioner...buy it online maybe?

anyways, olive oil is supposed to be good for hair..

I also straighten my hair a lot!!!!!! I got this really great Solia straightener that supposedly does not damage your hair. Try a hot oil treatment. Heat up some oil and put it in your hair. Leave it for a few hours than wash it out. You can also use pre-packaged hot oil treatments. Look it up, it worked for me!!!!

Good luck!!!!!!

Use AVEDA's cherry almond bark conditioner. It's expensive but SO worth it.

hey try henna (google it) It nourishes your hair giving some colour though.

honestly,

its better if u just cut one inch off.

im trying to grow my hair long,

but i need to cut it too.

it will be better in the long run.