need help with computer .... PLEASE HELP?

so in add and remove programs u can usually uninstall a program... well my computer will not let me do that. when I highlight a program it just says rarly used but does not give me the option of uninstalling it....plus in front of the program is a computer symbol , not a symbol of the program ...if you know a way of getting my add and remove programs to work again please let me know...thanks

• Favorite Answer

You have not specified your OS...will assume it is Windows XP. Anyways, 2000/XP/2003 covered by this article.

Will not go furthur into details, just visit Add/Remove Programs tool displays installed programs incorrectly (link on the source below) and it will explain what happened and how to go about it.

Be sure to backup your registry before proceeding.

First It's not your Computer not letting you remove those files and registry entry's. It's called windows.

If you want to remove something that is malicious, you'll need more than a uninstaller.

Another reason why Linux is the best OS now.

try a third party uninstaller. you can use this one http://www.download.com/Easy-Uninstaller/3000-2096...