Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

what is the pschology with women who have big purses?

Favorite Answer

When I used to carry a big purse (bag) it was because I left home at 7:30 AM, I returned home after Midnight. I put everything that I thought I would need during my time away from home in that bag.

I would much rather have the kitchen sink in my purse and not need it

Rather than need the kitchen sink and not have it with me.

It's almost sCaRy to think that I would need something and not have it with me. I sometime even carried a change of clothes with me.

Just in case...

• ?

Interesting. Maybe, they have too much stuff! Maybe they aren't too practical, or maybe they want access to almost anything n everything they might need at any time! Eg. a notebook to write on, an address book, a cheque, a waterbottle, a novel, even a lunch inside, maybe a pair of walking shoes and a change of clothes, maybe a pocket knife, some gum, pens n pencils, loose change n cash, medicine...lol....not to mention makeup items. The list goes on!! And no, I dont carry a big bag :-)).

• Women are naturally caretakers and nurturers, I anticipate all the things I might need for the day. Some days I don't get home until after dark. I need to carry fruit with me for emergencies. Also, I carry notes and inspirational reading materials. Tissues and hand lotion are important for a woman to have on hand for others emergencies too.

i just like to have something with me for everything, but i keep odd things in my purse. i like to have:

-a brush

-toe socks

-a book

-my phone

-my mp3 player

-a pair of gloves(in the winter)

-my wallet

-my sketchbook and pencils

not a lot of stuff, but books and drawing stuff can be bulky, so i need a bigger purse.

a woman feels she must be prepared for anything, and depending on the brand it may be a status symbol for her.

the rewarding feeling of having a person asking for something, and happening to have it in your purse.

it isn't psychology - it is usually a functional decision or is based on a fashion trend.

Some women might have a pair of shoes, cell phone, medicines, even things they are carrying around fro their child, little brother, husband. different jewelry.

That depends on what is in the purses.

They are probably moms who are used to carrying everything around.....

They have a lot of baggage to carry.

never leave home without everything you need,just in case