Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

I had 2 periods in one month then I had no period the following month what does that mean?

Favorite Answer

Periods that are too frequent (more often than every 28 days also called "metrorrhagia") can be related to several predisposing factors:

* If the periods are otherwise normal, then a short "luteal phase" or insufficient ovarian production of progesterone may be responsible.

* If the periods are inconsistent, then failure to ovulate and the resulting anovulatory bleeding may be responsible.

* If the periods are actually normal and once a month, but there are episodes of bleeding in between the periods, then mechanical factors such as fibroids or polyps may be responsible.

* Women with hyperthyroidism are classically described as experiencing frequent, heavy periods. They, in reality, rarely show that pattern, but we usually screen these patients for thyroid disease anyway.

I've experienced frequent periods too in the past that was caused by ovarian cysts and had my period as normal, then again 2 weeks later then missed my period for 6 weeks and then had another period 2 weeks after that one. It was all out of whack.

There could be other causes for the frequent periods you are experiencing and I would recommend you see your doctor/gyno for further evaluation to see what they think could be causing this.

Good luck :)

Source(s): Personal experience with ovarian cysts and recently got diagnosed with endometriosis.

How long have you been menstruating? Your cycle will be irregular for a long time, which varies between individuals. Some people fall into a more regular pattern after a few years, after puberty, or once they first become pregnant.

As long as you have not had unprotected sex recently, you should not worry too much about your lack of a period. If you have concerns, you should see a doctor. He or she can check for possible reasons behind your irregular periods, or may prescribe oral contraceptives (birth control pills), because the hormones will help to regulate the timing of your periods.

Good luck!

Source(s): current ob/gyn resident.

Without realizing how ancient she is, I could say do not fear approximately an adolescent having multiple interval in a month. Her interval isn't going to be constant to start with, it's going to take a few years for her to keep watch over. You must have anybody strain the value of utilising security whilst she comes to a decision to have intercourse, in particular seeing that her interval is not constant. She does not realize whilst she's ovulating.