Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

emissions problem with dodge neon?

i have a 96 dodge neon and when i went to a mechanic to pass my emissions..he said i had to drive it for for 50 miles before he could figure out whats wrong with it because the ODB is not reading the test. i have drove it over 200 miles now and everytime i go to any mechanic..they tell me to drive it more...could something be wrong? please help?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

check engine codes ( www.allpar.com to learn how) then reset the pcm to do this disconnect the battery for about 30 mins and hook it back up then drive it for 50 mi or more try to do the 50 mi all at one time and then bring it back also if you ever need to know any thing about a neon you can check out

www.neons.org

www.allpar.com

• 1 decade ago

sounds like they didn't calibrate the machine or its not grabbing the car on the connection

• 1 decade ago

iS THE SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT ON???

i SAY TAKE IT TO A SMOG SHOP AND HAVE IT CHECKED.

Source(s): Dons Auto Service
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.