Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

I have a cocker spaniel (not the one in the other post about the UTI) that always seems sad?

I have two cocker spaniels, and one always seems sooo sad and upset. I try everything, and can't get him to be energetic except about treats, walks, and my mother. Is this a sign of a major health issue?

He's only 4!!

Favorite Answer

Cocker spaniels do naturally have a sad look. their droopy eyes and saggy face makes them look sad even when they are happy. Are you sure he's sad?

Dogs do get depressed like humans do. Depression in dogs can also be a sign of a viral diseases. So if you've tried everything to cheer him up, I would be taking a trip to the vets so they can give him the once over. He may need some doggy prozac (it's called Reconcile).

Dont worry, He sounds just like a Cocker I had (he lives with my ex) he was so untypical to what Cockers are known for, he's so laid back, would not even care if he had to miss a walk, he just loved to sleep, I always said he was a Lab in Cockers body lol.... like someone said, it's just his personality

I'd take him to the vet to make sure nothing's wrong, but maybe he's just a bit calmer than the other one.

• Mike S

Maybe he's just not an energetic dog. Each dog has their own personality, you just have an extremely placid one.

You might want to have him checked by a vet.