Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

I have a cocker spaniel (not the one in the other post about the UTI) that always seems sad?

I have two cocker spaniels, and one always seems sooo sad and upset. I try everything, and can't get him to be energetic except about treats, walks, and my mother. Is this a sign of a major health issue?

He's only 4!!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Cocker spaniels do naturally have a sad look. their droopy eyes and saggy face makes them look sad even when they are happy. Are you sure he's sad?

Dogs do get depressed like humans do. Depression in dogs can also be a sign of a viral diseases. So if you've tried everything to cheer him up, I would be taking a trip to the vets so they can give him the once over. He may need some doggy prozac (it's called Reconcile).

• 1 decade ago

Dont worry, He sounds just like a Cocker I had (he lives with my ex) he was so untypical to what Cockers are known for, he's so laid back, would not even care if he had to miss a walk, he just loved to sleep, I always said he was a Lab in Cockers body lol.... like someone said, it's just his personality

• 1 decade ago

I'd take him to the vet to make sure nothing's wrong, but maybe he's just a bit calmer than the other one.

• Mike S
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Maybe he's just not an energetic dog. Each dog has their own personality, you just have an extremely placid one.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You might want to have him checked by a vet.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.