Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesChevrolet · 1 decade ago

would like to buy a 94 or 95 impala ss?

just wanted to know is there any problems i should look out for when i see one i would like to buy.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Watch out for clones. They look like Impalas, but they are actually Caprices. It's easy to make a Caprice look like an Impala:

change the grill

add the emblems

lower the car

put Impala rims/tires on it

change out the interior

add wing

paint it one of the three colors the Impalas were

It might seem like a lot of work, but people do it, It's easy to make a Caprice look like an Impala because they are basically the same car. During those years, the same motor and transmission that's in the Impalas were an option on the Caprices. There are more Caprices than Impalas out there. And the parts are interchangeable between the two. The only way to really tell between the two is by checking the Vin Number and WX3 on Spid Label.

Outside of that, wear and tear. Some people race and dog their cars. Others take great care of them. Just ask questions. It's best to buy from an owner and not a dealer. The owner would be able to answer all your questions. Most of these cars are modded somehow. You would need to know what mods are done to take care of the car.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think they were good cars. Its 12-13 years old now so make sure you get it checked out. Like the 1st guy said some were abused. They also held their value well.

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Mileage and abuse like drag racing hard running ect. leads to wear and tear.

other than that its a good car.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.