Men are from Mars, women are from Venus, so?

does it logically follow that transgendered people are the only true earthlings?

omigodgem - "not to be meant literally"? Oh wow. Is my face red.

Transgendered people are, in terms of gender, somewhere between male and female. Earth is between Venus and Mars. Get it?

Favorite Answer

What a great question! Several years ago, I coined a saying that went like this

"If men are from Mars and women are from Venus then Androgynes are the only ones who are down to earth."

That's pretty close to your concept. :-)

TerriLee

Source(s): HagerstownTGS, Maryland premier source for everything Trans. I am their moderator.

While there is some truth in that ideology, I would suggest that people refrain from making such sweeping generalizations between the sexes. There is an important distinction to be made.

Sex is a biological fact. You either have a y chromosome or you don't.

Gender is a social contrivance. If history had progressed differently, our society would have completely different roles for the genders.

Yes, men and women are different from each other, but women are different from other women and men are different from other men in ways that shatter the flimsy bounds of the mars/venus ideology.

Transgendered people, on the other hand, struggle to find their place in our socially ascribed dichotomy of gender. Placing labels on them would be a pointless practice.

Now that I look at that doesn't that mean that women should be with women and men should be with men because they are the same species? Only that doesn't make sense, I don't know what I'm talking about. I guess it is like in prison, since only the same sex is there that is who you have sex with. But then some women made a spaceship and some men made a spaceship and they went to earth and procreated but there were still the gays on mars and lesbians on venus so that is why there are gays and straights. And the bi's vacation on earth I guess. I hope that makes sense to someone in the world.

that's not what the phrase men are from mars, women from Venus MEANS. it's a book on male/female relationships. men are described as lurking in caves -- saying very little, and hiding from women to be alone... and women are from Venus, meaning women are more outgoing, socialized and maternal. so maybe transgenders are from Saturn... society runs rings around them and hems them in.

by the way -- get this -- the guy who wrote "Men Are From Mars, Women from Venus" -- was divorced FIVE times. he was supposed to be some big time marriage counselor guru, and couldn't even stay married once. Talk about two-faced.

If you study the planetary symbols, you will find that Trans people come from Neptune!

The symbol for "male" is the circle with an arrow point to the NE. The symbol for female is a circle with a cross pointing S. The symbol for Intersex is both male & female combined.

Neptune is a mixture of it's own.

those statements are not to be meant literally... whoever said that men are martians and women are from venus only used these to associate the planets with them... transgendered people, on the otherhand, has no connotation to the planet earth except that they are here on earth... and so are the straight men and women.

My logic says that they'd be Venusian-Martian hybrids, and understand the universe from both perspectives.

I would like to be from Luna (the moon) :)

haha i dont know. thats funny though.