Anime...what's your opinion?

I am a huge anime fan...most of the people I hang out with either have never heard of it, or think it's just another "stupid cartoon".

I like American cartoons too, don't get me wrong...like Family Guy, The Boondocks, The Venture Brothers et cetera...

I was curious to see what kind of answers I would get to this question...

I might add that I don't particularly like Pokemon, Digimon or anymon for that matter.

I do like the more dark (and better written) anime such as:

Trinity Blood

Blood Plus

Witch Hunter Robin

Samurai Champloo

Basalisk

Full Metal Alchemist

Inuyasha

Just to name a few off of the top of my head...if you do like anime, (even just a little) you should check them out.

Favorite Answer

For me, I've been an anime fan for at least 13 years. I've been watching this stuff since I was 5 years old, and have been drawing in the same style probably since I've been able to properly use a pencil. As an art student, I don't limit myself to just this style, though. It's just one of the many art forms I enjoy.

I think many anime are cool and are very far from being "stupid cartoons". Apart from what's already considered to be mainstream, a lot of anime series tend to be pretty mature and have complex character development, themes, and intriguing storylines. Many people who look down upon anime don't consider this, because most of the time they base their opinions on what is mainstream anime or what has already been released here in the U.S.

I think portraying real life scenarios, morals, concepts, etc through anime as a medium is ingenious. In some cases, I've gotten more out of a short anime series than I have from some of the live-action programs being aired on television. Another thing about anime is that you can do a lot more with it, in terms of graphics and whatnot, allowing you to get creative in how you want to get your point across. Also, unlike live-action, it's also cheaper to produce, especially graphics wise. Shinkai Makoto, an anime director, animator, and seiyuu, created and produced his OVA, Voices of a DIstant Star, all on his own using mainly an Apple laptop.

As for what the first poster stated about anime being an art that people just "copy"... Art is meant to be universal. It doesn't matter who creates it, or whether or not that person is Japanese. If that were the case, I don't think anime would be released outside of Japan. But that is just my opinion.

My own taste in anime varies, though I've noticed, for a chick, I tend to watch more shounen, action-packed anime than I do shoujo, romance-packed anime. As I grew up and matured, so has my choice of genres. Now, I tend to watch things that are more complex, intended for people my age (I am 18). However, I don't mind sitting down and enjoying some of the classics from my childhood, like Sailormoon and Doraemon. And then there are there are the more mature classics, like Cowboy Bebop and Ninja Scroll. The list goes on.

It must suck not having that many people to discuss anime with. Where I live, practically everyone I know has at least been exposed to some anime. I wouldn't quite say that I'm "otaku" or anything like that... I have, like... one anime wall scroll, and I've barely finished collecting the few manga series I've started on. So far, I've finished a 5 volume series, and that's about it. I've never even been to a con, but I plan on going one of these days.

Anyways, there's a lot of awesome anime out there, so if you're ever in need of suggestions for a good series, let me know!

• mohead

in my opinion, I fee evaluations that are subsidized up by utilising some standards. First would be information. that's what i seem for when I ask questions here on Yahoo. What are the information? OR, is it merely an opinion it extremely is ideally placed down in writing. 2nd, i seem for motive. Is the opinion out of shock; is it out of Godly principled love? If not then i don't pay lots interest to it. third, is it logical? If it would not ring actual to me, I question its fee. Fourth, Does it flow alongside with my Bible experienced ethical experience? it extremely is the actual fee. If it stands as much as those 4 factors (and that i'm advantageous there are greater yet that's what's coming to concepts), then it rather is an exceedingly valued opinion. The Zeb ;)

Depends on the cartoon.

I don't really enjoy them much. Some of them are so predictable. You know the person will always come through.

While others are just violence. One Piece i can't stand, i just can't see past the senseless killing. And whats the bet he'll never reach the treasure?

Some are so damn cheesy (Pokemon & the Naruto themesong, how crappy can ya get?)

At least with something like Dragon Ball Z they added saving the world and being good.

Once again, depends on the cartoon.

I think the art is cool, but in general it makes me a little angry. I understand that it's an art...but all the people fans who copy it! Christ! Develop your own style of art: you aren't Japanese!!

if anime characters were real ppl, i'd hunt them down and collect their eyes. THEY'RE SO DAMN BIG!

but i do enjoy ergo proxy, dbz, and bible black. oh and let's not forget la blue girl.