Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

© asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

Will the resolution of a photo change if I edit it? (Corel)?

Okay, this may take a bit of explaining. Im relatively new to photo editing, and I have Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2. I want to know if opening a photo in this program, and changing the background color will change the resolution. I'd like to have a large print of the photo made, and I dont want the alteration to be noticeable. This may be a blatantly obvious answer, but Im still learning about "resolution" and its many definitions (printer resolution, photo resolution, screen resolution....etc)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No, generating a new background colour does not change the resolution. Normally you specify the resolution in the Image sub-menu, but just if you want to change it.

• bmhson
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Open your photo, make a copy in PSP-format and then do the changing.

Ask the firm that are making your large print, which format they want you to use.

Save the altered picture in that format.

Your question is a bit inaccurate because there is more to it then the resolution.

Avoid jpg because it is a destroying and compressing format even thought it isn´t changing the resolution.

• 1 decade ago

You've received some good answers here. I just want to suggest that you go to this site and check them out. It is a Paint

Shop Pro users group and they are very friendly and very knowledgeable.

http://www.pspug.org/

Source(s): I am a member.
  • .PANiC
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

No.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.