© asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

Will the resolution of a photo change if I edit it? (Corel)?

Okay, this may take a bit of explaining. Im relatively new to photo editing, and I have Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2. I want to know if opening a photo in this program, and changing the background color will change the resolution. I'd like to have a large print of the photo made, and I dont want the alteration to be noticeable. This may be a blatantly obvious answer, but Im still learning about "resolution" and its many definitions (printer resolution, photo resolution, screen resolution....etc)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Favorite Answer

No, generating a new background colour does not change the resolution. Normally you specify the resolution in the Image sub-menu, but just if you want to change it.

• bmhson

Open your photo, make a copy in PSP-format and then do the changing.

Ask the firm that are making your large print, which format they want you to use.

Save the altered picture in that format.

Your question is a bit inaccurate because there is more to it then the resolution.

Avoid jpg because it is a destroying and compressing format even thought it isn´t changing the resolution.

You've received some good answers here. I just want to suggest that you go to this site and check them out. It is a Paint

Shop Pro users group and they are very friendly and very knowledgeable.

http://www.pspug.org/

Source(s): I am a member.
  • .PANiC

No.