Starting a Business, Copyright?

Hi everyone! How are you all doing?

I have been trying to start a small business and I had a few questions that I wanted to know the answer of. My business will be the selling of shirts. Most of my shirts would be in the subject of comedy and will include a drawing and quotes. But, inorder to make the shirts, I wanted to copyright my drawings. As of now, I been trying to find a company who will print the shirts for me at a lower cost then others and I would not like any of them to steal the drawing at all. ( All my drawings are submitted through Adobe Illustrator). Basicially, I just want something to "back me up" from my ideas for shirts being stolen. I thank you for time in reading this!

Favorite Answer

For information on copyrighting artwork, go to www.copyright.gov -- that's the U.S. government copyright office.

Good luck with your business!

Use a legal copyright service. Here is a resource you can use. They have a phone you can call to ask questions.