Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Starting a Business, Copyright?

Hi everyone! How are you all doing?

I have been trying to start a small business and I had a few questions that I wanted to know the answer of. My business will be the selling of shirts. Most of my shirts would be in the subject of comedy and will include a drawing and quotes. But, inorder to make the shirts, I wanted to copyright my drawings. As of now, I been trying to find a company who will print the shirts for me at a lower cost then others and I would not like any of them to steal the drawing at all. ( All my drawings are submitted through Adobe Illustrator). Basicially, I just want something to "back me up" from my ideas for shirts being stolen. I thank you for time in reading this!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

For information on copyrighting artwork, go to www.copyright.gov -- that's the U.S. government copyright office.

Good luck with your business!

• 1 decade ago

Use a legal copyright service. Here is a resource you can use. They have a phone you can call to ask questions.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.