Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

to all you doctors out there......period problams?

okay, mt question for you is if you could please tell me whats wrong with me. ok, i havnt had my period in about 5 months, and im still a virgin so i know im not pregnet, and ive had my period sence i was 10 years old (im 13 now) so i've been regular for a while now. They only major lifestyle change in my life latly has been that ive lost weight, and started exercising at the gym a couple times a week. i used to be pretty chubby, so losing weight was actually a good thing, and im not at all underweight. i also eat very healthy, and my mom is always sure that i eat enough every day, so i know that im not starving myself of nutrition either.

Please tell me whats wrong....

thanks.

okay, well actually im not underweight.

i am actually very muscualr, and i eat like crazy, so being underweight isnt part of the problam, but thank you for you information. it helped me (:

Favorite Answer

im not a dr, but i have read that women who exercise a lot don't have periods. also, you have lost a lot of weight, so you body has changed. it could of also changed your periods also. you should go see a gyn, they can do test to see what the problem is.

At your age your periods may still be a little irregular at different times. But most likely it is the strain of your body losing weight and you going to the gym.

Without seeing you, my guess is that you are probably underweight even though you are denying it to yourself.

I wouldn't stress one bit about it as you are at an age where your body is adjusting to all sorts of new hormones and changes....

Take things a little slower and don't stress. That is a smart first move. Go to your doctor for a check-up to put your mind at rest.

Im not a doctor either but my sister recently lost alot of weight also and she is also 13 and her period stopped for a couiple months too.. now she is putting weight back on so it came back again.. sadly.. i wouldnt stress it but if it doesnt come eventully i would go see a gyno..

• Meeto

It is unlikely that you have any problem. Still to confirm you can see a gyneac in case you do not get you period after waiting for one more month.