Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

i like to buy a Ruger p90 need a advice?

I like to buy a gun. this is going to be my 1st gun. I am going to be using it for target shooting. Is Ruger p90 a good gun??. the gun store in my city has one for 399.99 NEW It comes whit a gun case, 2 chlips and a triger lock. it thast a good price??

5 Answers

Relevance
  • John T
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Ruger P90 is a double tough weapon--not the best for target shooting; but certainly adequate for plinking. I did use mine for a couple of matches when I was having some work done on my target gun. If you like it, buy it--it will feed just about anything, and like I said it's double tough. And $399.99 isn't a bad price. If it's a P90 (blued) that's less than $50 more than regular wholesale--if it's actually a KP90 (stainless) it's about the regular wholesale price.

• 1 decade ago

For a first gun, a .22 auto (Ruger or Browning ) would be the best. However, I have experience with a P-90 I owned one in the miod 1990s.

They are very accurate for a service-style pistol. I shot 185gr semi-wadcutters and got a tight group off the bench at 25yds. These rounds were not even factory (remanufactured!). The downside to this gun is the fact that while it has one of the better double-action (for first shot only) the single-stage trigger has a hitch at the end of the squeeze that is irritating to all but the combat shooter or plinker. This is not a target gun. It is a very accurate and durable service pistol that eats any 45ACP that you feed it. $399 is a great deal because mine was $450 back in '95.

• 1 decade ago

Never been a big fan of Ruger P90's But they are an ok gun to start with.

Have you thought about going with a 22lr first?

If you have shot one like the way the gun fits your hand then by all means go for it.

• 1 decade ago

the ruger P series pistols are great guns

I have a P90 and P89, both have seen over 20000 rounds in their lives with no major failures (I have replaced both barrels and recoil springs)

before you buy any gun go to a range and rent one to make sure you like shooting it and that it fits your hands good

most people with small hands don't like the rugers

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • WC
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It is a duty gun, not exactly you typical target grade gun. The price is very good.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.