Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What are my chances of getting into USC? (University of Southern California)?

I'm a senior at my high school and currently, my overall weighted GPA is 4.56, unweighted is 4.0. I am currently ranked #1 out of 400+ students. I'm a active member in 4 clubs, and I am the president of vice president of 3 of those clubs. I play on the Men's Varsity Tennis team. My SAT 1 scores are:

Math: 640

Reading:550

Writing:620

My SAT 2 scores are:

Math 2: 580

US History: 630

I have taken many AP and Honors classes. I passed my AP US History Test with a 3 and my AP Language & Composition test with a 4.

Do you think I can get into USC applying under Biochemistry with Biological Sciences as my alternative major?

• neniaf
    Favorite Answer

Everything looks good except for your Critical Reading score. Can you retake the SAT?

I think your chances are really good. Despite what people mayn think, USC is not really that hard to get into. Also, I would reccommend that you apply to some top-ranked schools. They may be a reach, but it will be worth the chance because you've definitely proved yourself to be a well-rounded student which is exactly what they're looking for. Here's a link to USC's admission requirements. You are almost over-qualified for USC. Good luck with everything!

i wasnt a smarty like you:) but i have a friend that said his friend back at home applied for usc and he had a 4.0 and good SAT scores and he still didnt get in. so im not sure. i didnt realize how hard it would be to get into USC. i would still try ESPECIALLY since your GPA and your SAT scores are high.

Getting into USC is not difficult. It's paying for USC that's the hard part. Good Luck.

YES. Why are you not applying to Cal Poly?

haha wow trust me you're fine. you've got exactly what they want, if not more.

• You will get in.

if standards were that high, nobody would be there. you'll be fine.