Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

"No One" by Alicia Keys?

I'm not dissing on Alicia Keys by any means- she is one of my favorite singers- but is it just me or is there something a little off about this song? It feels like there are some notes in the song that are constantly flat or sharp. Maybe she did it on purpose, but when I listen to it, there are parts that sound a little off....

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

hey, i thought i was the only one noticing this!! i think it's something intentional, for style, because she's way too talented a musician to just let that "slip by."

it kind of brings out the emotion in the song, i think.

you just have to get past that and enjoy the song without analyzing it.

• 4 years ago

I dont think of her voice appears like a "dying cat." I even have heard ALOT worse than that song on the radio. the different day i exchange into driving interior the automobile when I heard PATD's new song some nonsense with regard to the afternoon - besides it exchange into crap! they have alot of gimmicky variety video clips to boot; Alicia Keys sits at a piano and sings...it is seen "boring" to a pair people who don't understand song outdoors of what's on TRL.

• 1 decade ago

YES I agree. No doubt she's amazing and I admire her for reaching those high notes in the song but they are a little off. At first it was really annoying to me but I guess I got used to it and realized exactly how high some of those notes actually are.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

When did Alicia Keys start rapping?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I think she did it on purpose to convey the emotion she feels for that person. It has so much feeling that the sharp and flat notes don't matter to, just as long as she got her point across.

• 1 decade ago

omg-YES!!! I thought I was the only one that thought that-Did you see her on the American Music Awards??? She sounded awful....It's got to just be that particular song b/c she does truly have an amazing voice.

• 1 decade ago

the more i listen to it the more it sounds like a cheesy pop ballot.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

man that song is tight....one of my favorite songs out

• 1 decade ago

R U listening to a live version? if you r thats the reason. otherwise on her cd I don't think so.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think she did it on purpose... maybe that's her style.

Great song though.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.