Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Freezing, but I have a fever.?

I've had a fever all day, and I was just really hot. But since I got home about 2 hours ago, I've been freezing and I even started shaking violently. I feel extremely weak, and I hurt all over. I just checked my temperature again and it was 101.0 but I feel otherwise. This has happened to me occasionally but never to this degree. As far as I know, I don't have a cold, or flu or any other such thing. Also, I often find that when I get like this, I find a lot of bruises if I even so much as bump into something lightly. What could be causing this?

Update:

Fever got up higher than 103...

lymph nodes are swollen and are extremely painful, have developed an awful cough and a runny nose, no sore throat though...

Pretty sure it's the flu.. would it do any good to get medication now?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, it is a fever and chills.

You have an infection (or worse)

See a doctor soon.

• 1 decade ago

Sounds like influenza virus but if you've been experiencing this for some time see a doctor and get a CBC tomorrow. This could be serious.

• 1 decade ago

Anemia combined with any virus.

Go have your iron checked!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.