Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Moore55 asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

How was the movie "lions for lambs"... I see that it has awful ratings everywhere....is it that bad?

I heard alot of hype and coverage for this movie and im a big tom cruise fan, im quit stunned at such a low rating and bad reviews.

thank you

Favorite Answer

I just saw it today, and yes, it did suck. The previews were way better than the movie.

It was basically an anti-war movie that discussed the pros and cons of the war and then ended abruptly, apparently leaving it up to the viewer to decide (like the Sopranos).

Tom Cruise and Meryl Streep (spelling?) were the best 2 actors in the movie.

Cruise is a pro-war Senator and Streep is an anti-war journalist reporting on the war. Cruise asks her for an interview to push his new war strategy and Streep resists.

The movie would have been much more effective a year or 2 ago. I think people have already made up their minds.

I have to agree that the previews looked good. I thought maybe this is what Tom Cruise needs to do for his career, be a supporting actor instead of the lead...well, after reading the reviews, I will not waste my money.

Aww well it wasn't that bad....

Just the occasional "Umm What?" now and then.

Tom Cruise was pretty good though..i dont know it's just the plot that wasn't terrific.

You'll just have to watch it and find out for yourself. i have yet to see it, but there are movies that have been given terrible reviews and i really enjoy them. Everyone has their own taste. A movie you may enjoy i may not like, and one you may not like might be my favorite movie.

Scott doesn't know what the hell he is talking about I went and saw the movie . And it is a damn good movie.