What's the first baseball game or most memorable one you ever remember watching?

Who were the teams, and why is it memorable to you?

I meant MLB game

• Nicole
    Favorite Answer

August 13, 2006... Dodgers vs Giants

Greg Maddux and Jason Schmidt on the mound so it was an obvious pitchers duel. I think Maddux needed 68 pitches to go 8 innings! So it goes into extra innings with the score tied 0 to 0. And Russell Martin sends the first pitch of the 10th out of the ballpark and the Dodgers win it. It was crazy!

Oh and did I mention Bonds went hit less :)

What a game!

Game 4 of the 2004 World Series.

The teams were Red Sox and Cardinals.

It was memorable because it was the first time the Red Sox won a World Series in 86 years.

hehehe!!!

Not the Yankees!!!

=P

The first MLB game I ever went to was at the first Busch Stadium. Not the one they just tore down, this one was known as Sportsman's Park before the Brewery bought the Cardinals. I was 10 years old. It was 1964 and the Cards played the Reds. The Cards lost the game but went on to win the World Series that year. I remember Frank Robinson pinch hitting in that game. Since he was about the only name I knew on the Reds, I asked my Dad why he wasn't in the starting lineup since he was their biggest star. He said FR was getting old, and apparently the Reds agreed because they traded him to the Orioles after that season. They were wrong though, because he went on to win the MVP in the AL.

The most memorable game I ever saw was Astros @ Cards, Labor Day 1996. Going into the game, the Astros led the Central by 1.5 games. The Cards had dominated the head to head matchup that season, but the Astros had swept them the previous week in Houston. The Astros jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first, but the Cards tied it up by the third. The Astros scored 4 in the top of the fouth for a 7-3 lead. That's when things really started getting interesting. In the bottom half of the inning, Ozzie Smith hit a rare left handed home run to make it 7-5. I turned to my brother and told him even though they were still 2 runs down, the Cardinals would win this game, and even though they will still be a half game back with a win, they will win the division. A home run by Brian Jordan tied the game to set up an amazing 10th inning. With a runner on second, Ozzie singled and advanced to second on the throw home which cut down the runner trying to score on a bang-bang play. Then Willie McGee singled and there was another close play at the plate, but Ozzie was safe and the Cardinals won. They went on to win the division and the first round against the Padres, but blew a 3-1 NLCS lead to the Braves.

Apparently I wasn't the only one who thought this game was something special. Two weeks later, the sports editor of my local paper, The Tulsa World, wrote a column about the game. Very unusual to see a baseball game mentioned in the paper more than a day after the fact. Several years later, after Willie retired and they had "Willie McGee Day" at Busch, Tony LaRussa mentioned the game.

Other memorable games I have seen in person include Opening day at Wrigley field 1998, the first game after the death of Harry Caray. The Cards playoff win against the Braves in '96 with 2 homers by Ron Gant off Tom Glavine. John Rocker's first game in Shea Stadium after his SI interview. The Cards clinching win in the first round against the Diamondbacks in '02. And one I didn't enjoy so much, the Red Sox winning their first World Series in 86 years at Busch.

This year was the tie breaker for the playoff between San Diego and Colorado. That was one great, repeat, great game from the first inning to the 9th, although Matt Holliday didn't touch home plate, it was a great game.

Other than that was the Game 4-7 of the 2004 ALCS between Boston and New York Yankees. That was one of the GREATEST comebacks in Baseball History!!!!!

Seeing as how a lot of people have Anti-Astro games. I am going to have to say the 2005 NLDS Astros v. Braves. Chris Burke with the walk off home-run in the bottem of the 18th to send us to St. Louis! There was probably a more memorable game out there, but this one stuck out after seeing a few that left the 'Stros on the losing end.

game 7 of the 2003 ALCS, whilst the crimson Sox have been 5 shielding outs remote from going onto the worldwide series, however the Yankees tied it and finally Aaron Boone hit that walkoff homestead run off Tim Wakefield in the eleventh inning. "The Boston crimson Sox, and the followers with the aid of New England, permit you recognize they have been 5 outs away, in the 8th inning, optimum with the aid of three as Boone hits it to deep left!! that would desire to deliver the Yankees to the worldwide series!! Boone, a hero in game 7!!" -Joe greenback additionally, that game final season between Yankees and crimson Sox at Yankee Stadium that went into 15 innings whilst A-Rod hit a 2-run walkoff homestead run. And returned, we don't care that your dad works in the Sox front workplace. you maintain saying it such as you like an award or some thing.

The first baseball game I REALLY watching was the Twins home opener in 2004. It was a HUGE deal here since it was Joe Mauer's first game and for some reason I really wanted to watch it. Watching the next few Twins games after really opened a whole new door for me.

1996 World Series with the Yankees vs the Braves. It is memorable because it was the first time that I have seen the Yankees win a World Series.

1997 All Star Game at Jacobs Field in Cleveland because Sandy Alomar, Jr. hit the game winning homerun and was voted MVP which was a big deal because he was the first to win the MVP as a player in his own stadium. I was working at Jacobs Field at the time, took a break and saw him hit it and heard everyone chanting, "MVP, MVP!" It was really cool and made me feel warm and fuzzy about being an Indians fan that day.

favorite game i have attended - the final seattle mariners game in the kingdome... streaker in the seventh inning doing cartwheels in centerfeild... classic lol...

favorite game on tv - being a die hard mariner fan it doesn't get any better than edgar stroking a double down the left feild line and junior scoring from first to beat the yanks!!!