Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Kaylea asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Doctor prescribed pelvic rest?

Sorry don't want to gross anyone out. I researched this before I asked the Q but got no results. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease kept popping up. Anyways, I know I can't have sex or douche but does that mean I can't do anything at all....? No orgasms?

I was having cramps in my back and abdomen a few days ago. I went to the hospital and the doc said I have a urinary tract infection and prescribed keflex for it and pelvic rest. I thought I was having a miscarriage which is why I went in.

Favorite Answer

Pelvic Rest: In order to prevent any trauma to the cervix, your health care provider may recommend pelvic rest. You will be asked to stop using tampons and douches and to abstain from sex for a specific period of time.

I got that from a site about a "threatened miscarriage" and this was one of the things the doctor may order the patient to do... what is going on???? Are you having a miscarriage scare? If you are having symptoms of a miscarriage, there may not be anything you can do to stop it, such as the baby not growing the way it should or hormones are not cooperating and the damage is already done BUT try to stay off your feet, if you work I would quit my job if it were me. Don't put ANYTHING in your vagina and make sure you wipe really good and keep it extra clean so there will be absolutely no way of having an infection.

Source(s): Jen FM

i believe you can still orgasm if youd like too... the reason they tell you not to do those "other things" is so that your insides can heal and not get irrated or worse.

• Kat

i found a page for you to check out.. click below.. hope you get to feeling better.

it just means dont put anything into your vagina