b asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

retainer question?

Do you have to wear a retainer the rest of your life?

Favorite Answer

It is incredibly important that you wear your retainer until your orthodontist says it's okay. If you don't then all the time and money spent on your braces will be useless. The bones supporting your newly-aligned teeth need to build and grow strong. The purpose of the retainer is to keep your teeth in the proper position until the bone has developed.

Do you want straight teeth?

If you say yes, wear it!

Hey, maybe you can get the clear kind.

No, not all day for life, after a while you wear it at night.

- mariah

Depends on the way your teeth move. Check with your ortho. I have to wear mine thruout college and occasionally during the rest of my lifeeeee. :O

i will once i get my braces off :< roar, retainers are anoying, i feel for all the retainer wearers!