Something for homophobes to think about?

I know a lot of people who have made comments to me and my friends in the course of my life. Things like "freak", "confused", "they're messed up", "that's sick" ect.

I'd just like to say this...we're all people. When it comes down to it, it's not gonna matter if we're black, white, yellow, red, gay, straight, bi, trans, whatever.

If you were dying, bleeding on the street somewhere, is it gonna matter WHO'S saving your life? What's gonna matter is that the person cared enough about you to help you. That person didn't see your skin color, your sexual preference, or anything else. They saw another human being in need.

I work in the health care field. I can't pick and choose who I run lab tests on. I can't only give GLBT people "good" news and straight people "bad" news. Because in my line of work, I have to help everyone, and disease is disease. It doesn't discriminate. I may even save the life of a "homophobe" one day. But it's worth it, because I

committed to a career in helping PEOPLE. Not some, ALL. Anyone who needs my services and I can help improve their quality of life.

So, for all the homophobic people out there, remember there are GLBT nurses, doctors, teachers, law enforcement officers, EMT's, lawyers, ect. And we ALL look out for your best interest because for many of us, it's not only our job, but our passion. We care about others. Wish you could too.

Ok..Jacob, report me then if it will REALLY make you feel better. If that's what gets you off. I don't really care.

Favorite Answer

ur words are filled weth truth :-} im not sure if aney amount of truth well reach the closed heart tho..its differences. people are afraid of thengs that are different, people that are different. an that fear can lead to hate, an a closed heart will never let the truth in, an hate an ignorance together is a very hurtful thing, an something that it seems onlee the individual cen change..by opening the heart. how cen we help others open their hearts? *sighs an rests my head on my arms* i duno ♥

What truth Jacob??? We're sick, abominations, worthless, worthy of hell...blah blah blah! The whole damn list. You say we're all abominations but...two guys holding hands, is not the same as two guys holding guns. The only truth here is what the "question" says. We're all around you, your neighbors, doctors, lawyers, teachers, maybe even your own family! So grow some balls, and get the fact that people will always be different no matter what! Thats what makes this nation so great! And every other nation who's able to set aside their differences and unit under the common truth that we're simply human! Color, race, beliefs, sexuality, abilities, none of that matters!

That's some good words there. It shouldn't matter who's saving your life, as long as they care enough to help you, right? I don't care if they're gay or if they're transgendered, as long as they cared, right? There shouldn't be discrimination at all. You can't really work in the health care field if you're discriminating against a race or a group of people, right?

as a straight married father i''ll answer your rant, speaking for myself i could careless about your sexual orientation. in fact i have a niece who's gay and it doesn't bother me at all, do i like her partner? no i dont, it's not because she's gay, it's because of the way she acts around straight men, it's like she has a problem with men or is jealous of us, as for the medical field , as long as the person is doing their job to the best of their ability . it doesn't both me, although the bible is against homosexuality. it up you and the lord,

• Rick K

I agree with you in general. However, sexual orientation is a separate category from race, ethnicity, or religion.

The child of two Thais will be Thai, and the child of two white people will be white.

The child of two Jews, however, may convert to another religion.

And it's pretty obvious that gays are not the product of the union of two gays.

But the hatred and bigotry descends from ignorance, and from fear, plain and simple.

And if my doctor, or whatever, is gay, black, Muslim, or a heterosexual transgendered Mexican-Frenchman on crutches and with a pierced eyebrow, I couldn't care less, as long as he or she helps me!

• ?

That relies upon on no matter if the theist makes use of the e book as an excuse or actual believes that because the books says it, it must be real. nevertheless, i imagine all 3 styles of human beings are abomination (to borrow a word).

I_color_..., Without sounding like I'm patronizing you, I agree with everything you said. You are so correct. GLBT or not, you gotta do what you gotta do. Keep up the good work I.

you done a great thing for people by typing this and as a gay person i appreciate u careing enough to try and get people to understand that we r people to. Thank You.

I think its something that everyone needs to think about. Why preach hate when someday it's the acceptance that may save your life.

Very well said, though I doubt many of them will read it.

I'm glad your compassionate =). I work in the healthcare industry too, and I'm bi. There's more of us than they think =P.