Yahoo Music Video Player fullscreen no longer functions.?

I push the fullscreen button located under the ratings stars, it says entering fullscreen mode, then it doesn't. It's a recent development (past couple weeks). I've tried it on two separate systems running IE6. Same result. F11 does not work and resizing the window does not work, as I've seen suggested here. Thanks for your help.

Favorite Answer

Yahoo Music Videos used to use Windows Media Player object to stream videos. Now it uses Adobe Flash to do so.

Also, early on the videos were played from a dyanmically create Windows Media Player Playlist so the video player would always remain fullscreen and you could use ctrl+F to skip the ads. Then they started generating each song per playlist and you couldn't skip anymore and the video player would resize whenever a new song would load.

Now I have noticed that at times it loads the videos in a Windows Media Player object and at times it loads them in the flash player object. And, I think the reason the flash player doesn't go fullscreen is because the site is using frames and the flash object tries to maximize inside the frame and hence watching videos is not at as much fun anymore.

Regards, HR

I noticed a week ago full screen only worked half the time. Now it doesn't work at all. I sure miss having Kelly Clarkston covering my 22 inch Samsung SyncMaster. Nothing i have tried has worked. Why Yahoo would screw it up so bad is beyond me. The fun is gone now but i will check back to see if it is ever worth watching again :( HELP! HELP!

Seeing as this is a technical problem brought about by Yahoo! action which reduces customer satisfaction , it would be prudent to find out if Customer Support has been notified of this issue so that correctional steps may be taken. Until said issue has been resolved, my advice would be to find another website, that you find acceptable, to play the video in full screen.

I am having the same problem too. Its really annoying I like to see Carrie underwood fullscreen

OI don't think they understand the loss they will have because of this.. It used to be my favorate website.. now I am angry with them... I am looking for a new website.. anyone have any suggestions? Yahoo has blown it!!!!

• M-L-E

It's just the site. It started doing that on mine too the site is having some malfunctions I think.

the same thing has been happening with me, when you find out let me know =)

i do not have an answer. i HAVE THE SAME QUESTION