Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Where would religion be if it did not create erroneous feelings of superiority.?

My way is the only so you better follow me and give me your money.

Could a religion that taught tolerance and acceptance with common sense survive?

Or would they have a hard time collecting money without the element of fear in an imaginary place?

• Favorite Answer

You obviously have a hang up about money. It takes money to run anything that is a need based operation. The cool thing about money in a church is that it can and must go for a variety of things. Certainly part goes for staff salaries, and to normal bills to pay for lights, heat or air and other maintanence things. Some choose to support missionaries and other evangalistic endeavors.

Christianity isn't about intolerence. It is about what God says needs to happen in a person's life for them to be successful. Most rules, if you will, are not to restrict one, but to help keep them from the pitfalls of lifes hazzards such as pre maritial sex, drunkeness, unprovolked violence and the such. God is our Heavenly father. He has our best interests at heart.

Add: By the way it seems you and your ilk seem not to want answers. Wrapped in your "questions" is a hatred that comes through loud and clear. Though I relish the opportunity to tell you about my Jesus, your hatred which was predicted by Him is boring.

Your way of not creating erroneours feelings of superiority is your own personal matter which has no connection with religion.. Collection of money for personal welfare is against God but a voluntary contribution coming from a mans heart of any amount for the welfare of service to God is under the law of God. But not ther 10% of your income.

I know what you speak of, but I do not feel all religions do this. It seems that buddhists and pagans are pretty relaxed and allow followers to walk their own paths...just my perception. But yes, I do think it is a way to keep believers in the pews by making them believe they have a one up on everyone else.

when religion is non theistic it tends to be less amoral and reason can replace fear and reward of a god for those who seek morality for it's worth to humanity. Atheist have been recorded as very generous to charities before but not to organized religious groups.

Religious syncretism is alien ONLY to abrahamic murderous cults.

I have no idea what you're referring to. But I'm sorry your experience has been a bad one.

• there already is one--it's called wicca

...