Was Bilbo's riddle " What have i got in my pocket? ' a legal riddle?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No. It wasn't a riddle. Bilbo Baggins had run out of riddles so when he asked Gollum " Guess what I've got in my pocket." It went from a game of riddles to a guessing game.

• 4 years ago

What English note keeps a similar pronunciation, even if you get rid of four of its 5 letters? queue If I say "each and every thing I inform you is a lie," am I telling you the reality or a lie? lie What artwork can a painter never extremely end? autobiography Why wasn't Bertha put in detention center after killing dozens of human beings? because Bertha turned right into a typhoon Why wasn't John waiting to take a photo of his mom with curlers? curlers do not take pictures If there are 3 cups of sugar and also you're taking one away, what percentage do you've? 3 What has a mouth yet can't bite? river what percentage letters are interior the alphabet? 11 (t-h-e a-l-p-h-a-b-e-t) What receives wetter and wetter the further it dries? towel What can holiday all over the world at the same time as staying in a nook? a stamp

• marf
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

It was not a riddle. Bilbo cheated, but some will say the ring made him cheat.

Source(s): great grandson of Samwise
  • 1 decade ago

I thinks so yes.

There was still that one chance in however many that Smeagol / Gollum could've guessed right, the same with all the other riddles and both of them agreed that they would have to get it right the first time, as far as my memory serves correctly.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Well, it skirts the far edge of things

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.