What is wrong with my iPhone?

Okay, so I was updating my iPhone software, and the box came up that said "Preparing iPhone for update...", and stayed there for like an hour. So then, I unplugged it and plugged it back in, and a weird error came up. Then, I unplugged again and it went into restore mode with the connect to iTunes screen.... show more Okay, so I was updating my iPhone software, and the box came up that said "Preparing iPhone for update...", and stayed there for like an hour. So then, I unplugged it and plugged it back in, and a weird error came up. Then, I unplugged again and it went into restore mode with the connect to iTunes screen. I did that, and iTunes made me restore it. So I clicked Restore, and our old friend "Preparing iPhone for restore..." popped up. Its been there for a while. What is wrong? What can I do? Is it time to cry? Thanks!
Update: After 20 minutes on hold with Apple, I discovered that it had gone on to "Restoring iPhone Firmware..." Yay!
Update 2: Okay fixed it! Thanks guys!