Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 decade ago

Do you think that world peace will ever be achieved?

There seems to always be war,genocide,terrorists, going on in the world. Why do we have to fight with the taking of lifes?

Favorite Answer

As much as we are all very different as everyone keeps reminding me, we are more similar than different. If you were a different species that didn't speak any human language, they would probably think we were all the same but with very superficial, minute differences. The same as we look at a sheep or a monkey. As a species, our characteristics are strikingly similar. So why is it then that we cannot all see how similar we all are? It is this obsession with individuality or belonging to smaller groups within a main group that is to blame. It is this that creates wars within a species and dampens any possibility of peace within humanity.

To say that a living organism cannot achieve peace and harmony is wrong. Everything is possible. Grass managed to do its so why can't we? It's just a matter of thinking, I am a human rather than, I am a Muslim, I am a Christian, I am American, I am British, I am a Conservative, I am a Liberal, I am a black man, I am a white woman, I am fat, I am thin. If we all just agreed on the fact that we are more similar than we think we are and that our individualities are superficial, that we all have a fragile little soul inside of us that is stronger when it is holding hands with every other soul on earth, we would then achieve peace, not just within humanity but within the whole animal kingdom.

But as we see, the most powerful people on this earth, capable of causing war, are normally the most selfish and least likely to tolerate anybody that has a different belief to them. They kill anybody that is not the same to become more powerful. Which is stupid because we were all the same anyway.

The day people stop applying Darwinian theory within a species instead of for a species, that is the day peace will be achieved. I think it is possible. It can't be that hard to open our eyes and see what we have in common with people rather than what seperates us.

No... No matter how many times people keep wishing for it, it's an impossible dream... Humans are dominative, jealous and greedy... They will always find things to covet and they will not stop until everything is theirs... No matter what time, what age it is, since the beginning of human civilization, peace was never existent... Sure they have truces once in a while, but it's never for the reason that they want to put an end to the fighting, but simply to collect their broken selves today, only to come back for more blood tomorrow... Humans often ask, "what's the point of all this fighting?" Deep down humans know the answer but they simply refuse to admit and accept that they are the worst savages that walked the earth... It was wrong of me to believe that the human race would eventually change for the better... You can see it all around you, murder, crime, violence... It just doesn't stop... Humans are hopeless... They simply do not understand that they are the cause of all their own suffering... The only way to achieve peace and cease all suffering is the complete annihilation of humans... It has the highest possibility of success reaching well over 90%... Add to the fact that humans are practically the ones executing the job of annihilation, everything will go accordingly as predicted...

No. It will never be achieved because people will never have the same thinking ever. And evil will always exist.

As to with the taking of lives, it has always been so even in Bible stories and in the history. These days, it has already been a lot better. I think this was achieved because people learn to live by a general rule.

• I think we can try to achieve world peace but it probably wont happen since there is so much dissagreement and when dissagreement happens it can sometimes cause arguments. when people refuse to solve the argument there is anger and when anger is shared in a group of people a war or fight or battle can begin and since there is no way to stop dissagreements[they happen at least 10 times a day] and people are so very stubborn anger builds and fights start. the main causes of this are our elected officials because of their status in our society, they influence most/all of us.When they arent agreeing with other elected officials in other countries and then anger building in those 2 countries and when the elected officials refuse to talk it out wars begin

Unfortunately no.

Limited resources (and space) and the human condition will prevent us from ever having world peace. As long as there are people out there that are unwilling to entertain the idea that they may be wrong about their beliefs, we will have war/struggle. As long as humans are driven by power/wealth we will have war. As long as people stereotype and are prejudice, we will have war...

world peace will never be acheived simply because of religion, everyone wants to claim they are the rightous ones, and that is one reason for all the wars. It sounds crazy, but the only way world peace will be acheived is if aliens invade and we all unite to destroy them.

while Rome grew to become into at its might, there grew to become into peace for 1000 years, stated as Pax Romanna or Roman Peace. there'll by no potential back be peace, until the appearance of the Lord.

because everyone is different not everyone can agree on one thing we all can't run things the same or be the same and it creates the conflicts i don't ever think there could ever be complete world peace only less fighting

Why would u want to achieve peace?

Look at the good things wars bring....

probably not

but if it did happen is world peace the best thing for us