Do Atheists & Agnostics believe in the Yahoo Cops? (Question open to people of all beliefs)?

As a Christian, I see ample evidence in our universe to convince me God does in fact exist. However, I cannot say the same for the "people" who supposedly screen questions and answers to look for violations of the community guidelines.

At best, there is a elementary subroutine that evaluates reports that come in and makes a decision based on some predetermined equasion, which is what decides which content to delete. It is accompanied by another subroutine that sends an automated response 3-5 days after a violation is challenged, with one of several form-letters it selects at random, stating general info--that you had asked a person on the other end to clarify.

Pascal's wager would tell me that it would be safer for me to not ask this question... that it would be safer just to assume that the Yahoo Cops exist. But time after time the mounting evidence keeps pointing to the conclusion that they don't. Am I alone, or are there other Yahoo-agnostic out there who share my plight?

As much as anything else, I'm waiting to see how long this question stays up before it gets deleted. So please don't report it, just for the sake of discovery.

Favorite Answer

To find the living Yahoo Cop, you need to post to the Y!A appeals board. The violation for my question "Best use of religion in a video game?" was supported by living person "Jane Furrows, former Y!A Community Member" because I didn't use a question syntax (the phrase "what is the" was missing from the beginning.) This is an intellectually dishonest reply to my appeal, and proves that when you get hired by Y!A, they suck out your brain.

Oh they exist. One of them rifled through my questions history and gave me 6 violations serially, in the space of about 30 minutes. One violation notice even included a double violation in a single notice. I thought a suspension was imminent. Someone had a clear vendetta against me.

No explanation of course, just an empty offer to contact "Customer Care" with a blank unformatted e-mail.

And I thought my ex mother-in-law was the only one who hates me =)

edit: if you're into self-punishment, ask a question which is not in complete agreement with the JW movement. Suggesting they are a cult is a sure way to earn at nice fat juicy -12 points. I've never personally done this, but I see the pattern often.

Check THIS out for a kick, it's the forum where people ATTEMPT to appeal their violations...

http://messages.answers.yahoo.com/answers/forumvie...

You forgot to put the word "gay" or "homosexual" in your question in a positive light. That would have had the instant repsonse of claims that you are a hellbent pervert trying to seduce our children, or had the question instantly deleted for daring to violate community sensitivity on privileged areas of permitted bigotry.

It's individuals. I had to go through a learning process as strangers connected to me. Then, I started receiving violation notices for my answers. In each case, it was someone of radical political or religious views.

The most unexpected and pleasant surprise was a Muslim woman connecting to me for pointing out the differences between the hijab, chador and burkha to radical Americans.

I have found that the atheists are permitted to make twisted relys to Christian related questions while when a Christian corrects atheistic doctrines they are deleted. Yahoo is an instrument of the Devils plans.

Heeheehee! Standard response: The Yamster works in mysterious ways :)

• Future

I think its a rudimentary system. I.e. If you get reported by 2 people your question gets deleted no matter what.

Nope just narcs and snitches.

except plenty of believers do the same.

Rage against them all or none

otherwise you just seem hypocritical

• Emily

I think you have a little to much time on your hands...