Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
Identify three product development processes....
Can anyone identify three product development processes ??
Or any journals or websites are informative and related to this??
Chinese or English answer is accepted.
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
其實要DEVELOP 一個NEW PRODUCT 一點都唔簡單，而家你見倒出面既每一樣NEW PRODUCT，當中係R&D TEAM 諗既時候可能會有成千上萬個IDEAS。所以要成功地將件PRODUCT FULFILL 倒CUSTOMERS 既NEEDS 同WANTS，就要有一個DETAILED 既PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT PROCESS。下面既DEFINITION 同PROCESS 係一般大公司都會用到，希望幫倒你：
New product development (NPD) is the term used to describe the complete process of bringing a new product or service to market. There are two parallel paths involved in the NPD process : one involves the idea generation, product design, and detail engineering ; the other involves market research and marketing analysis. Companies typically see new product development as the first stage in generating and commercializing new products within the overall strategic process of product life cycle management used to maintain or grow their market share.
1. Idea Generation (The "fuzzy front end" of the NPD process, see below)
* Ideas for new products can be obtained from customers (employing user innovation), designers, the company's R&D department, competitors, focus groups, employees, salespeople, corporate spies, trade shows, or through a policy of Open Innovation. Ethnographic discovery methods (searching for user patterns and habits) may also be used to get an insight into new product lines or product features.
2. Idea Screening
* The object is to eliminate unsound concepts prior to devoting resources to them.
* The screeners must ask at least three questions:
o Will the customer in the target market benefit from the product?
o Is it technically feasible to manufacture the product?
o Will the product be profitable when manufactured and delivered to the customer at the target price?
3. Concept Development and Testing
* Develop the marketing and engineering details
o Who is the target market and who is the decision maker in the purchasing process?
o What product features must the product incorporate?
o What benefits will the product provide?
o How will consumers react to the product?
o How will the product be produced most cost effectively?
o Prove feasibility through virtual computer aided rendering, and rapid prototyping
o What will it cost to produce it?
* test the concept by asking a sample of prospective customers what they think of the idea
4. Business Analysis
* Estimate likely selling price based upon competition and customer feedback
* Estimate sales volume based upon size of market
* Estimate profitability and breakeven point
5. Beta Testing and Market Testing
* Produce a physical prototype or mock-up
* Test the product (and its packaging) in typical usage situations
* Conduct focus group customer interviews or introduce at trade show
* Make adjustments where necessary
* Produce an initial run of the product and sell it in a test market area to determine customer acceptance
6. Technical Implementation
* New program initiation
* Resource estimation
* Requirement publication
* Engineering operations planning
* Department scheduling
* Supplier collaboration
* Logistics plan
* Resource plan publication
* Program review and monitoring
* Contingencies - what-if planning
7. Commercialization (often considered post-NPD)
* Launch the product
* Produce and place advertisements and other promotions
* Fill the distribution pipeline with product
* Critical path analysis is most useful at this stage
你去WIKI 度SEARCH NPD 可以有更多INFORMATION，下面仲有REFERENCE 你可以睇睇。 ^^
- 1 decade ago
我的名字is raymond li
www.money128.biz和www.fast - beauty.6289.us
- guru．1．2．3Lv 71 decade ago
In fact, there are many stages and processes during Product Development. However, Product Development Processes can be grouped into:-
1. Product Conceptulization
2. Product Design
3. Product Production
production & manufacturing
control and monitoring and measurement
delivery and feedback
PLANNING THE PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT PROCESS
Managing Product Development Processes
New product development
### others pls do NOT copy my reply