supercharged tC or V6 Tiburon?

I'll be purchasing a car soon, and I need help making a decision:

Should I buy a TRD-supercharged 2008 Scion tC or a 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GT Limited?

Can anyone post the performance specs of both?

Thanks for the info and advice!

Favorite Answer

The Scion tC. Also contrary to what the last answer stated, I'm pretty sure that the lighter 200 hp, TRD-supercharged TC will cream the much heavier,172 hp Tiburon GT

Limited V6 in acceleration but the Tiburon might outhandle the TC. Still I would feel better buying a Toyota product before buying a Hyundai. Hyundai parts are cost a lot more than a Toyota's parts. Sorry I don't have full stats on them.

I would highly suggest the Scion tC!!! The Hyundai Tiburon is overweight and underpowered, and the performance specs are very unimpressive!

The only data I could find was for a 2006 TRD supercharged Scion tC, but the specs are probably the same. From what I found out, it is basically identical in speed to the Honda Civic Si, and both of those cars are faster than the Hyundai, not to mention much much more reliable.

The 2006 TRD tC has 200HP and 184 lb ft of torque.

0-60mph takes 7.2 seconds and the 1/4 mile is done in 15.1 seconds. These performance numbers are identical to the 2006 Civic Si.

The 2008 Hyundai Tiburon has 172 horsepower and 181 ft lb's of torque. It does 0-60 and the quarter mile slower than the supercharged tC. It also is not built with the same quality as the tC.

Overall I would suggest the tC, but I would also check out the Honda Civic Si, which has the same exact performance numbers as the tC but gets better gas mileage while doing it.

Good Luck

I own an 08 tC and i can tell you that if you leave the sunroof in a certain spot it will rattle some over bumps. But dont let that detur you from getting a tC over a Accourd. Scion is made by Toyota, one of the best car companies there is. Also you can buy dealship mods! Scion offers all kinds of goodies for your ride, where as Honda doesnt. The tC is also faster if that matters at all.

scion, the tiburon has 170 hp stock, but the non-supercharged tc has 161 hp not sure what it is super charged, plus hyundi is gay.

It depends... What do you want... speed, or resale value? If it's resale value and reliability, don't buy a Hyundai.