Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 1 decade ago

How the heck does an insurance company consider a yeast infection a pre-existing condition?

My insurance company is trying to dispute a bill because I had a yeast infection. They're claiming it's a pre-existing condition! WTF!!! A yeast infection? It's not like that is some serious condition that I knew about. I went to the doctor and found out I had one. What a rip off!

Naturally Eliminate Yeast Infection Fast - http://trust.yeastcured.com/

About 2 years ago, I developed a severe case of vaginal yeast infection https://tr.im/TreatmentYeastInfection

Note that:

Before you buy any medication from an online pharmacy you should consider doing some inquiry on the company first. You only get inadequate information from those pharmacies that can't be trusted. You should be able to get enough and convincing information after searching from search engines such as Google and from lists of legit directory of Pharmacies. As those that get defrauded commonly release something over the internet to warn others. You need to find comfort from trusting an online pharmacy before placing an order. Follow pharmacies that are accredited by the VIPPS or Vet-VIPPS programs without prescription

Source(s):

https://tr.im/TreatmentYeastInfection

Did they put it in writing? If so, you need to forward the declination to your state insurance commissioner, with a formal complaint.

Some women get yeast infections at the drop of a hat - or every time you go on antibiotics. Ignore the guy who made the hygiene comment - "he knows not what he says".

Source(s): agent, 21+ years

In my travels, I have found numerous claim denials as a result of mis-coding of ICD9 and or CPT codes. This is most related to doctors placing multiple diagnosis and procedure codes on a claim. My unqualified guestimation of this situation is that your doctor placed a pre-existing code on the claim. The insurance companies are not errant claim denyers.

My suggestion to you is obtain a copy of the billing statement from the doctor and submit the claim with documentation via appeal. It would not be a surprise to me that your doctor miscoded one ICD-9 code with a pre-existing element.

Your focus at this point should not be the insurance company until you validate the very information that was submitted.

I Friggin HATE insurance companies. WHAT A RIP OFF. I had a $5000 surgery and they wouldn't pay a dime because they claimed that it was done at an out of network hospital. My doctor even had prequalified the surgery and the FRIGGIN insurance refused to pay.

I hate the insurance companies. You pay every month and may not be sick for 5 years but once you are all that money you put into you will never see whats the point