Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

j asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

Could someone give me a sentence fir abyss?

definition-a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity; vast chasm

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

dictionary.com has nice examples. So does Merriam-Webster.

An immeasurably deep chasm, depth, or void: "lost in the vast abysses of space and time" (Loren Eiseley).

Here's an orignal one:

He fell into the dark abyss.

• 5 years ago

Well, three factors to consider with the sentence: first, an abyss is effectively empty, anyway, so I would consider it redundant; secondly, an abyss is one of those "ultimate" descriptors these days - that is, there's not much that surpasses an abyss - so how can an abyss be ignored, hmm? Thirdly, that word "feeling" is used twice... Hmmm. Gotta do something about that. And finally, (fourthly?) when I get an abysmal (adj. of abyss) feeling, it's truly tough to ignore! It's realty-wrenching, it approaches the sense of doom, you don't even know if there an end. Your stomach is a container with an in and an out. A closed system. Gotta change that, me thinx. Having said all that, I don't think you've ever truly sensed the "abyss". Have you yet almost died - and I don't mean "died" because you couldn't buy a cute pair of shoes - I mean truly come close to death?

• ?
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Immeasurable In A Sentence

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.