Earthquake?

Did we have an earthquake in California yesterday?

• Dad
    Favorite Answer

A moderate 4.2 earthquake struck near Oakland, California at 4:42 a.m. on July 20th and since it's so relatively small, it caused no reported damage or injuries. (Californians don't suffer damage or injuries until quakes are well above magnitude 5.5 or so). This was akso the last one worth anyone mentioning.... there are ones every day probably in CA - youare on a famous fault line...However, the reason I'm bringing this earthquake to your attention with your question is because within four hours of the quake and two hours after the Associated Press story hit the wires, the story shot to the top of both the most viewed and most emailed story lists on Yahoo News, topping Harry Potter in a matter of minutes. On Yahoo News alone, about 1500 people emailed the story to others within two hours of the story hitting the wires. It goes to show that word travels fast on the Interest and people always love a good (potential) catastrophe.

With every day pass, our country is getting into more and more trouble. The inflation, unemployment and falling value of dollar are the main concern for our Government but authorities are just sleeping, they don’t want to face the fact. Media is also involve in it, they are force to stop showing the real economic situation to the people. I start getting more concern about my future as well as my family after watching the response of our Government for the people that affected by hurricane Katrina.

According to recent studies made by World Bank, the coming crisis will be far worse than initially predicted. So if you're already preparing for the crisis (or haven't started yet) make sure you watch this video at http://www.familysurvival.tv and discover the 4 BIG issues you'll have to deal with when the crisis hits, and how to solve them fast (before the disaster strikes your town!) without spending $1,000s on overrated items and useless survival books.

We have a ton of quakes in CA every single day. Most of them are not felt by people. CA is filled with fault lines. This is quake country. I hope you're prepared with an emergency kit in case a big quake comes and things get all loused up for awhile.

We have lots of them, most are just so small you can't really feel them. Here is a link I use to keep track of our California earthquakes. I hope it helps you.

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Quakes/quakes0....

A bunch of them, but only one sort of bigger one that got noticed. The following site gives you all the info.

• Smiley

OMG You should always find cover so you wont get hurt!