Anonymous

should teens be tried and punish like adults?

what is the better alternative. The "Medical Model" or the "Get tough" approach to teen criminals?

What leads to criminal behavior more, nature ( biology) or nurture ( enviroment)?

• Amber
    Best Answer

I believe in certain cases teens should be tried as adults such as murder and maybe aggravated robbery and rape.

I think what leads to criminal behavior more is nurture. I believe people learn from their environment. People aren't born violent criminals, they learn that behavior, whether it's from friends they hang around, television, or whatever else.

No way. Teenagers are not adults They do not have the life experiences of an adult. They still dont know a lot about life and the world, they should be handled differently, just like children. People are not born criminals, although some psych disorders can make a person antisocial and violent, it's mostly the way they have been treated in life and their social conditions that produce criminals.

Yes. Too often people think that they are untouchable and this leads them to feel contempt for the police.

Sure why not blame the parents, but does this mean they should just get away with things?

If the only way to teach someone what is right or wrong is to punish them when they have done wrong, then so be it.

There are too many sheep out there. If people allow themselves to be lead by others who are hell bent on breaking the law, when they know the difference, then they should face the consequence.

Get tough with a single opportunity to get your head out of your butt. You know right from wrong at an early age. Being 14 or 15 is not excuse for any violent crime. I have friends that have decided to go a different path after being raised in the worst of environments. Nurture probably has the most to do with it.

I had already developed attitudes found in adults at the same time as i turned right into a mushy human being. I knew what changed into perfect from incorrect, i changed into sexually energetic in my early youthful human beings, I used drugs, I knew it when I did something incorrect. changed into it because of my upbringing? I not often doubt it, I had an extremely non secular mom. changed into it because of my being offered up by ability of a unmarried determine? probable, yet I knew i changed into doing issues that weren't perfect, I knew the consequences of my moves were going to be punished yet I did it any ideas hoping that some decide will set priority in disallowing youngsters to be tried as adults. yet over the years this similar mind-set persists, at 28 I see youthful childrens doing a similar blunders I did. Now those that motel to violent crimes and need to conceal behind the age wall ought to comprehend that Justice is blind. no count number number how previous or youthful someone is, the lengthy reaching hands of the regulation receives to them. Justice must be served, if no longer human beings won't ever learn.

Yes. Just because someone's younger (teen and above) doesn't mean that they don't know the difference between right and wrong.

Nurture is a bigger reason, but there are some instances where nature is a major reason. Think psychotic behaviour that could be controlled with medication.

punishment methods should be based on mental age, not physical age.

Example...

If a 12 year old kills his parents, then the police discovered that he planed it for weeks, the gun, the alibis, and the plane to dispose of the bodies, he should go to prison, just like a adult.

I think it's lack of discipline in the home....Some parents don't care enough to set rules, monitor their children, or spank them when they step out of line...now, don't confuse all that with child abuse...

Do I think teens should be tried as adults? HELL YES! If they can do the crime, they should be made to do the time.