Can new auto insurance company find an incident not reported with DMV but claimed with current insurance comp?

I want to change my auto insurance comp, i have claimed an accident with it for which i did not get a ticket. So will it matter if I don't report it to the new company while asking for quotations? Do insurance companies talk to each other or share data?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

It is probably a matter of public record, and yes, they share information between companies. If you don't report it, and they find it, you have committed fraud. If you don't report it, and they don't find it, and you ever make a claim, it may turn up then and would be cause to deny your claim.

Bottom line, tell them now.

• 1 decade ago

yes, they'll find out. They will run a CLUE report - comprehensive loss underwriting exchange - insurance companies report all claims to this agency, and get reports. They put in the vin number for your car, your name, and your address. They will pull up all claims for that vin, all claims under your name, and all claims paid out at your address.

Source(s): agent, 21+ years
  • Dan S
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Yes, People claim trees fallen on there car and you would never call the dmv for anything not on the road. But you still made a claim you got to tell them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

UNFORTUNATELY COMPANIES RUN CLUE REPORT. WITH THIS THEY PRETTY MUCH CAN FIND OUT WHO LIVES WITH YOUR ANDY CLAIMS MADE ETC.

NOW... IF YOU GO TO AN AGENCY YOU CAN TRY ASKING FOR A COMPANY THAT DOES NOT RUN CREDIT CHECKS. SOME TIMES ANY PREVIOS VIOLATIONS OR ACCIDENTS WONT COME UP AND THEY WILL JUST BASE IT STRICTLY ON THE MVR.

IF YOU ARE CALLING AGENCIES TO GET A QUOTE JUST TELL THEM THE VIOLATIONS THAT COME UP IN YOUR MVR AND ONCE THER THEY WILL LET YOU KONW IF THERE ARE ANY CHANGE.

GOOD LUCK

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

mine did. i am pretty sure all of your record would be on file and available to your new insurance company.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

This was bugging me too

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.