Core beliefs changing?

How come when I started having children, all my core beliefs started changing. It's not important what they were to begin with, but now I seem to be stuck on the fence, seeing both sides. Not being able to decide "because I haven't been in their shoes." Not to mention religion. I have dropped... show more How come when I started having children, all my core beliefs started changing. It's not important what they were to begin with, but now I seem to be stuck on the fence, seeing both sides. Not being able to decide "because I haven't been in their shoes." Not to mention religion. I have dropped all standard religious beliefs for a simple belief of being a good person. Am I more tolerant because of my kids or am I just becoming mundane? Some things just don't seem as important. Being right isn't as important as seeing people happy anymore. Did anyone else go through this at this age (late 20's) or when they had kids.
Update: Thank you to those who didn't threaten me with the devil or the boogeyman, etc.
8 answers 8