ATIVAN users...past and present please help?

Ok so the short story version is i have social phobia/social anxiety...aka get so afraid of getting sick (in the instant out of your mouth way) that i get panic attacks/anxeity attacks...now i tried buspar like 2 years ago, appearntly it helped a bit in the beggining but in the end i stopped using it and nothing... show more Ok so the short story version is i have social phobia/social anxiety...aka get so afraid of getting sick (in the instant out of your mouth way) that i get panic attacks/anxeity attacks...now i tried buspar like 2 years ago, appearntly it helped a bit in the beggining but in the end i stopped using it and nothing changed as far as what i could do and couldnt, so i went to the doctor monday, and was proscribed ativan, im not sure the MG but i was told to try and take 1/4 or 1/2 a pill at first, so i took a half of one last night, and went to a event thats usually makes me a TINY bit anxious..i was expecting after 15 minutes to feel calm, and not be anxious at all for the next 4-6 hours, but i did get anxious during that time. Now i know i havent tried all my options, i still can take a whole pill, then eventually call my doctor, i was just wondering to those who have taken it..does this sound familiar or got any advice or ANYthing? i really want something to work
Update: Please dont give me advice about going to see a counsler or w/e..i have seen people and i know all that stuff, dont give me any other advice than ativan advice. I havent used any mind altering meds be4 so i have no clue what to expect when one does start working. Yes i work out daily(jog, weights) and i have had... show more Please dont give me advice about going to see a counsler or w/e..i have seen people and i know all that stuff, dont give me any other advice than ativan advice. I havent used any mind altering meds be4 so i have no clue what to expect when one does start working. Yes i work out daily(jog, weights) and i have had this anxiety issue for going on 4-5 years. Does my height/weight affect how much i should take/would affect me? i am 6'4 and 240lbs.