Agia
Agia asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Do you think everything is o.k.?

I passed a very think amber colored discharge earlier today, but I feel fine. I called the doctor and spoke with her nurse because I was afraid it might be the mucus plug. The nurse said that is what the mucus plug looks like, but she doubts very seriously that I would loose it at just shy of 23 weeks. She told me to wait until my next doctor's visit 2 weeks from now. She said even if it was the mucus plug it could be 3 or 4 weeks before I go into labor. However, I would still only be 25 to 27 weeks along. Do you think everything is o.k.?

Favorite Answer

I would call the doctors' office back and ask to speak to the doctor. She may be busy, but will call you back if you are concerned. If she does NOT call you back go to a clinic or go to a different doctor for advice. It may not be serious but you have a right to know it is your baby. The nurse should NOT be giving you advice unless she has spoken to the doctor on your behalf.

Best of Luck

That sounds odd to me...usually the mucus plug is lost somewhere within a couple weeks of labor but for you to be so early in your pregnancy still that just doesnt sound right. and usually the mucus plug is like a green color like snot, not amber. maybe you should call back and tell them you are also having pain or bleeding or something and insist the doctor see you just so you can make sure everything is ok.

A brown colored discharge is fine and NORMAL...when you need to worry is when you bleed a large amount or for an extended period of time. Your body is going through all kinds of changes and weird things happen...but most of it is nothing ot stress about. Just remember to write down anything you have questions on and ask your dr when you go in, thats what hes there for!! And you may want to pick up what to expect when you are expecting...its a great book that walks you through month by month and answers any questions you may have along the way...no matter how small....and it may help ease your mind!!!!!

When it comes to being concerned about things during pregnancy I think it is always wise to go get things checked out if you think there may be something wrong. Any good doctor knows that women get kind of crazy over any little thing during pregnancy and take time to reassure them....don't wait and worry...go to a clinic or insist on an appointment with your regular doctor.

I would demand to be examined just to be on the safe side but everything could be fine.I had problems in my pregnancy so I had to be cautious

i would just show up at the dr office or go to the er and say you want to be checked.