LDS/Mormon - Any ideas for my faith Personal Progress Project?

I need ideas

Favorite Answer

Hey Sarah!

I read the Book of Mormon for my faith project. Not only does it apply to faith, but to all the other values as well. If you haven't read it all the way through by yourself yet, I would highly suggest you do. It is the keystone of our religion, and reading it gave me a better understanding of Heavenly Father's plan for me. I gurantee your testimony will grow.

That's what I would do.

Good luck!

Personal Progress Project Ideas

• mcbath

Personal Progress Ideas

For my faith project (I'm the YW president and I'm a convert so I didn't do Personal Progress as a YW) I gave a powerpoint presentation to all the Youth about the misguided ways of anti-Mormons.

My daughter is making sure all her four-generations temple work is done, and doing the baptisms herself. (I have done my side of the family, but not her dad's).

We had a convert in Young Women whose faith project was to have the missionary discussions and be baptised! Another organised a youth Temple trip.

Ask your leaders - especially if there is anything they need you to do. You could write to New Era, or design a Mormonad, or lead Mutual, for example.

senator John mcclain- you are the reason i saw this question! =) lol

well the suggrstions in the book are really great! I would do any ofthose! I know you probably wanna be origional though so...

There is on ethat says to write origional stories or poems or make a visual that shows your faith. maybe do something ike that! get together with your friends and make a home movie about faith. Make it about like someone who has a problem and they rely on their faith to get them thru it. I hope that helps at least a little bit!

Faith? Isn't it a 10 hour project? Look into doing some Geneology extraction work... you can even do it online now. You get a logon and bring up a census and just start typing. It's actually pretty easy and fun and you could get some others involved too. Look up family search.org or something...

I can't remember what I did... made a quilt or directed a choir or something.

• rac

I like the geneaology extraction idea. I am a Family History consultant and recently got involved with the census indexing project. I don't have the link just now but it can be reached through the LDS.org website.

Is this your Laurel project? Sorry it has been a while since I was in YW- when I was in the only Projects we had were, two per year when we were Laurels. We had to spend 40 hours on each project. I know that they changed the programs since then though.

Anyways....

The book has some pretty good ideas, plant a garden with faith, write/draw/something else arty that depicts your love and faith for the Savior.

Currently I'm working on memorizing the Living Christ. It's a toughie...but I want to do it....so that's another possibility. You have to remember it should take ten hours...min!

Good luck!

Here's a really cool website that has some good ideas.