Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

Wisdom Tooth Removal!!?

I'm only 13 years old, and I need to get my Wisdom Tooth removed. ALL OF THEM. AND ALL OF THEM ARE IMPACTED. I've heard that they need to cut throught the gums and it reallly hurts a lot. I am SOOO scared, also about the anaesthesia because I've heard that some people die from them during a surgery. I am also scared that it's going to bleed a lot (I've heard stories about that too). And of course, I am most scared of the pain.

Today, in our science class, our teacher was telling us about her own experience and now I have no idea what to do. I am in the biggest panic of my life. Hope you can help me out :d

Luv ya all <3

xoxo Erika

PS I live in Japan

Favorite Answer

With the dental and medical science they have today, you really have nothing to worry about. They will take good care of you. You won't feel any pain during the procedure and they'll give you medicine afterwards so you won't have any problem with soreness. I understand your being scared, but you'll find out that you don't have to be. So just try to relax as much as you can now. Trust me, Erika ... it will be OK.

• Judith

I was put out for the removal of my impacted wisdom teeth & had no problems whatsoever. There will be some bleeding which doesn't hurt and, like any procedure, there will be some discomfort for a few days. I was given enough pain medication but didn't need it after two days.

Problems can arise but they are rare. Don't be scared but being nervous is normal. I used to hold tissues in both hands to soak up the sweat if there was any.

I don't know how true it is but I've heard that the younger a person is for any procedure, it goes easier than it does for adults.

So good luck, hon. I'm sure it will go smoothly for you!

Dont be scared =].

I had 4 removed, the first 2 when I was 15, and the last 2 when I was 16, now I'm 17! haha.

Its a very easy thing, they explain what they will do, usually use an iv, and you will soon fall asleep without control, its a bit funny actually.

You will wake up and feel like no time has passed at all.

Youre mouth is going to ache if anything, but its not a horrible pain at all!

They will give you medications.

Just do NOT drink out of a straw or eat anything hard, you could break your stitches or your gums could cave in, in those spots, and get what they call Dry Soccets, which is NOT fun, I never had it, but its suppose to hurt badly.

Dont worry, its easy as cake =]

Don't panic, I honestly didn't think it was that bad. I got all four removed. The anesthesia is what hurted the most to me. That's when they put a few needles in your mouth to numb it. There's not enough pain to make you cry or anything. You will bleed, but they will give you gauzes to put in you mouth that will soak it up. Also, they should prescribe you some really good medicine. I suggest to take that and sleep for the rest of the day. Your whole mouth including lips will be numb, so you may slober a little without knowing. But don't worry, the pain is not bad. And there is a very small chance that you will die.

• Debbie

Some people go out their way to scare people as yourself. IGNORE them babes!!!! You wont feel a thing whilst under anesthetic. You'll have sore and probably achy gums that will hurt no ore than a bad head ache for a few hours or so but pain killers will help with this. As for the bleeding there is little of this as your body will cause this area to clot. You wont be able to eat hard food stuffs for a couple of days but other than that It does heal pretty quick. Stop panicking you'll be fine.

-x-

See if you can find a dentist who will use lasers. When they do it with lasers, you almost don't feel anything at all, you recover quickly, and your cheeks don't swell up like balloons.

Source(s): I had that done, and it wasn't bad at all.

13?

Wow that is young for WT - not sure about that.

It doesn't hurt - your numbed or even out if it's big surgery.

But it takes a while to heal.

they dont die, you dont feel a thing, anasthesia is safe and you get pain meds for afterwards--- its all manageable pain... the whole thing only takes 45 minutes.