Persian X asked in TravelIndiaMumbai · 1 decade ago

is mumbai safe for a girl to travel alone?

i am going to travel alone from uae to india as a vacation in december but i heard it is not really safe for girls to travel alone to there i just want to make sure about that1

Favorite Answer

mayb if u stay in the "good" parts of town...but i woud seriously advise agaisnt it....its not really safe there....take a friend and if u do go out by urself DO NOT go out by yourself after dark

Source(s): my brain
  • Gulab

I have arrived in Mumbai as late as 1.am and found girls traveling in local train. I would say, compared to other metros, it is a lot safer in Mumbai... However, a little caution is always advised. A lot also depends on where are you planning to travel to and how do you travel. Local Trains and BEST are safe. Auto Rickshows may not be if those are driven by some north Indian chap

Nee Haao!! Welcome to Mumbai. Safety Advices: Avoid extreemly crowded places like "Gatway of India" on a holiday. It's not common, but molestation by the crowd is not unknown. Avoid that. Travelling by Auto-rikswa or Taxi is mostly safe, if you suspect anything wrong, tell the driver to take to the police station. If you travel by train, buy the 1st class ticket and travel in Ladies Compartment. Exchange your foreign currency to a Bank or ATM and use Indian currency only. Ask somebody the auto fare before you travel, else (auto driver)they will try to cheat. Thery will ask Rs 150/ instaed of Rs. 20/ Anywhere if you feel safety or securuty threat, just shout and pretend to assult to the suspect. If you can gather people, they will support you and start nailing down an offender. If you visit Nightclubs and Discos, aviod drinks brought to you by others, beware of "Party Drugs". Else, the city is safe and you can enjoy it to the fullest! YOu might compare it with Shanghai!!

Yes its safe... and make sure you are taking services from some Travel agents as they always take care of their clients. This is what i think. so if you need any suggestion on this there are many travel companies in india you can search on net one I can suggest you holiday club india .net . bye and enjoy

A few female friends and I were in Mumbai last month for a few days of shopping and clubbing. It was great, we felt safe......walking around. But a friend of mine gave me the contact details of her taxi driver and he took us around, which was much better that us using public transportation.

Dont travel alone in Taxi or rickshaw go by bus or train do go to odd areas.

should be ok but id recommend having a friend/family with you. try traveling during the day by yourself and youll be fine. night i wouldnt recommend.

perfectly safe. do contact me if you face any problems as am from mumbai

of course it is.i have lived there all my life with my family,very safe.trust me.

its safe but no guarentee