Do you 'identify' with gay 'culture' and what does 'gay culture' mean to you as a self-aware homosexual

• Alexi
    Favorite Answer

Gay 'culture' today is perhaps an insult to its fantastic past. Today, gay 'culture' comprises of men that are psychologically unhealty (where body obsessions are commomplace, where monogomy is becoming an all too uncommon virtue and where as men, we spend too much, and care too little). As men, we are reduced to dogs - chasing after hot pieces of a**, and not caring about who is hurt. We make everything look great ("Queer Eye for the Straight Guy") yet where is the happiness? Where is our future? Where is the spirit that incorporated our past? Where is our focus going to be on the future? Where are we going to get our future generations from?

I mean, consider this for a minute - we are no longer the gay community that challenged AIDS. Today, we all know of AIDS, but only worry about it if we get it. It was a big issue to our fore-fathers b/c it united them within the community. They were a people that had been so deeply hated, and had been prejudiced against, not only overcame that, but united (against their many differences) and marched forward. They were the pioneers.

Now, we toss them aside, regarding them as antinques - as relics. We are too concerned with looking great, and preforming great (in bed). We care not about the other aspects of ourselves. We find that men committing to each other is for "older" ones, but for men to have casual sex is quite acceptible. We could care less about our psychological and or emotional health, but we MUST MUST MUST have great bodies. We MUST LOOK GREAT (with the best clothing) and we MUST HAVE HUGE 'Members', but our hearts must be ice cold.

So, this is why I believe that the current leadership of gay culture (and that is every member of said culture) needs to start considering their future - what will it hold? Who are we recruiting for the future? Are we destined to stagnate? Why are we not policitally active? Why are we not taking care of our forefathers? Why is it that we are not promoting the important issues - morality, good emotional/mental/psychological and pshyical health? Why are we not looking at being great rolemodels for future generations?

Just my 2 cents...

One of the sociological definitions of culture is: A design for living, the norms and shared values of any society. There are many different cultures (designs for living) around the world. Cultural studies will look at these differing designs for living.

Your example is a bit of a puzzle. 'Patterns' could mean statistics e.g census figures of differing religions within the UK or general patterns of society, the aging population or rise in popularity of the 'goth' subculture.

I identify with true self.But culture means a separatism.Like you put this culture in a dish .Heterosexual people are always trying to put us in place.Culture means development of things heteroes do not like.What about heterosexual culture. Heteroes have been forcing their cul;ture on me since the fall of the Roman Empire.Romans were gayly living in gayness before you christian kill jojys came along.

Honestly, it's not really my thing. I don't make a big thing about being attracted to guys as it really shouldn't be a big thing. Most gay guys are as mundane as straight/bi guys to be fair.

• Well, I am confused on what identify with the gay culture means, can u email me what that means pleez, thanks, hon.

its disgusting and sinful nature....we all know than GOD made only man and woman.....