why can a man look in a women purse. but a women can not look in his billfold?

Favorite Answer

Historically, it's always been the opposite. Men didn't WANT look in a woman's purse because they might run in to tampons or sanity napkins and women would have died of embarrassment had a guy seen those. That doesn't seem to be an issue anymore in recent times. However I, personally, don't think anyone---man, woman or child---should look in a purse or billfold without permission. It's call respect.

No way a woman would allow you to look freely in her purse. Maybe to take something for her when she has her hands busy, but nothing else. The fact is in a billfold you can usually find only bills, money, spare change, credit cards, maybe a photo of your parents, of your significant one, or, if you're married, of your children, so nothing useful.

In a purse you can usually find anything, so, if a man could only say "Honey, be a doll and hand me my credit card", a woman may say anything ranging from "My love, be a pet and pass me the keys I've in the purse" form "Dear, could you take the X-ray of our son out of my pure while I'm talking with the nurse" and "You'll find my cellphone in the purse, take it, and note down my mom's new number in the notebook you'll find there. There would be some pens too. Don't touch the tampons or else".

It's always been the opposite in my experience... it's just 'fact', you never go in a woman's purse, but she's ok to go in your wallet/billfold.

I've always 'assumed' it was intended to save embarrassment in case her tampons or such were found while rooting for something else (e.g. carkeys).

• weisse

Who said you could look in my purse?

Because he does not carry deodorant and tampons in his wallet.