Freehand 11 MX Blues?

All hail fellow designers. Do any of you have this problem... Whenever I apply an effect to a graphic in Freehand - be it vector or tiff - like transparency / gradient fill etc it distorts EVERYTHING when you print it to pdf. I have to make the entire background with effects in Photoshop and import it which is a total pain in the azz. What the hell is going on? Is it a bug in Freehand? If I do effects in Corel and pdf it works fine. Any solutions?

Favorite Answer

yup its a bug!....Freehand MX hasnt been updated in more than three years so there are a lot of them.

You can try exporting to PDF from the file menu and convert the colors to RGB. Most of the time this approach messes up with the fonts and they dont display well on another system where the fonts are unavailable. To be on the safe side you'll need to convert the fonts into paths.

You may also want to check on your paths if youve pasted contents inside them. The last time I had trouble making a PDF from freehand was because the internal paths were out of bounds of the page.

Hope it helps :)