Cody M asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Heisman Trophy?

So with Dixon and the ducks going down does this mean that Tim Tebow will be the Heisman front runner. I know that the Gators have 3 loses and he is only a Soph. but his stats are just to stand out and there isnt anyone else to really take it from him.

So what do ya'll think is he the front runner and will he win if the Gators beat FAU and FSU and he puts up decent stats?

Favorite Answer

yeah even though Florida has lost 3 games this year, I think Tebow will probably win the Heisman with his amazing stats he's racking up with like 20 rushing TD's breakin Emmitt's school record for that, and gettin all the hype, which 1st answerer is right that so many of the heisman winners go to whoever is gettin the most attention from flashy plays and certain individual stats at this point of season, and since the players who should be up for heisman like Mike Hart, Dennis Dixon and others have gotten banged up Tebow's alone in 1st now for Heisman, and will be like a Eric Crouch of the NFL Draft when he goes pro

As much as I want Tebow to win it, I think it seems unfair to take Dixon out of the picture just yet. He was injured early in the game and didn't lose the game last night for the Ducks. His stats were looking very good at the beginning of the game too, minus the interception. I think with Florida playing FAU this week, Tebow's stats are going to be pretty padded, even though he will probably only see the first half before second stringers are put in. Florida's FAU meeting this week and Dixon's injury could offset each other if Dixon plays again next week.

With that said, I have always thought Tebow was the more deserving player. He is a sophomore, so everyone discounts him for some reason. He is on a team with 9 out of 11 new defensive starters. That defense allows teams to run up and down the field. Look how Tebow performed in front of LSU, one of the best defenses in the country. Florida's defense lost that game. Tebow stepped up as much as he could.

I don't think Dixon will be coming back this season, unfortunately. I hate to see guys get injured and have to sit out seasons and end careers. I thought it was a toss up between the two frontrunners prior to his injury. It sucks when something like that has to happen, as much as I want Tebow to win.

And for the people who are pulling for Matt Ryan and Woodson still, they are good players, no doubt, but Woodson and Tebow went head to head and Tebow came out victorious. You can't really put him in there over Tebow. Matt Ryan is still a possibility, but he hasn't performed well in the past couple of weeks (at the end of the year when it matters). It's hard to award the Heisman to players like that, as good as they are. It's a competitive game and the frontrunners, whether they are teams or players, are always changing. Tebow may not be the front runner at the end of the year. We still have Florida State after all. Wow. I can't believe I just said that...

are you guys serious? matt ryan is NOT going to win... after these 2 losses everyone has forgotten about boston college.

dennis dixon could come back to the hunt... but he needs to get healthy and oregon cant lose again.

yes, there are others in the race, but they are behind tebow.

you have to say that tebow has been one of the best, if not THE best player this year for all that he has done. forget about the 3 losses and being sophomore... that shouldnt matter.

as we say down in florida... tebow for he15man!

I think with the injury to Dennis Dixon, Tim Tebow is now the frontrunner but that could change with a bad performance. (see) Matt Ryan. But with Tebow being a underclassman, the voters might unfortunately decide to go another way. Possibly McFadden.

The Heisman is almost never given to underclassmen and Tebow, as great as he is, is a sophomore and I don't think he will win it due to a few bad performances and Florida's record. He will have other chances down the road. I think the heisman is wide open anyways because their is not clear cut dominant player. Its just a big popularity contest anyways. Andre Woodson has faded and so has McFadden. Matt Ryan I think has a good chance if he can take BC to victory in the ACC championship and win a BCS bowl.

I think Matt Ryan and Andre Woodson should also be in the picture, but I think Tebow should be the frontrunner. The Heisman is complete BS every year though. There are 6+ players who probably deserve it, and whoever gets the most hype and press coverage will probably win.

Has everyone forgot about Pat White?

The man is a machine.

I know Tebow, Ryan, and McFadden are all good, but their team records are not impressive.(honestly I think BC will drop one more, giving them 3 losses)

Tebow has a 2 years ahead of him. He will win it. This won't be the year though.

I don't care what his teams record is, Ray Rice is the best player in NCAA right now. Defenses know they are gonna get a lot of him, yet they still can't stop him. And what makes it even more impressive is that his QB can't hit water if he fell out of a boat. Rutgers is 1 dimensional and teams know it. They stack the run and still can't stop him. Ask WVU and USF. They'll tell ya. And I'm an 'Eer fan.

My pick early in the season would've been Mike Hart if he stayed healthy but he didn't. Now I'd have to say Matt Ryan has a real good chance

it goes like this

tebow way ahead

chase daniel

then it doesnt really matter after that cause tebow isnt gonna play bad against florida atlantic or fsu...