Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

how to care for wigs?

how do i keep it nice and clean looking??

and what could i do to style it better??

here is the picture...

http://www.purecostumes.com/costumes/store/comersu...

thanks!!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

WIG CARE

Taking care of your human hair wig or your custom synthetic hair wig requires special care for a prolong life of the product and for a more natural looking hair prosthesis.

How to take care of your wig?

Wig hair differ in the array of wigs available in the market today. Wig hair differ in hair quality, texture, be it human hair or synthetic hair for example. How the hair is handle at the manufacturing end will effect how the hair should be taken care of in your end. The following are some general wig care tips but most important is to speak with your wig shop and wig hairstylist for best care of your wig and what products to use for your specific wig.

How to care for synthetic hair wig?

* Use products that are made specifically for this type of wig hair

* Use shampoo and conditioner made specifically for synthetic wigs

* After cleaning, put wig on Styrofoam head

* Use hairsprays made specifically for synthetic wigs

* Do not use regular off the shelf human hair mousse, gels or holding spray

* Heat will cause wig fibers to frizz. Do not use any form of curling irons, hot rollers or blow dryers

* Do not go close to hot elements such as ovens or stoves, or other hot items that illuminate lots of heat

* Let only an expert stylist cut the wig to optimize the look desired and best results

* We recommend using a Silicon spray to protect the synthetic hair from frizzing, drying out or fading

* Best if you use a professional expert to cut, clean and service your wig once a month

How do I take care of human hair wig?

* Human hair wig tends to tangle due to excessive combing or pillow rob as an example. Use water spray and de-tangle and start brushing from the wig hair tips first, a section by section and increasing longer hair length as tangles are freed.

* When stored in tight packaging, unwanted creases may have formed. Spray water and gently brush to remove crease and let human hair wig dry, or use hot roller in low heat setting

* Use products such as shampoo conditioner, styling gel that are made specifically for this type of human wig hair

* Use detangle before combing

* Always put wig on Styrofoam head, after cleaning or for storing

* Do not use regular off the shelf human hair mousse, gels or holding spray

* Excessive heat will cause human hair of the wig to frizz, just like any human hair.

* Do not use use any form of excessive heat in curling irons, hot rollers or blow dryers

* Do not go close to hot elements such as ovens or stoves, or other hot items that illuminate lots of heat

* Let only an expert stylist cut your wig to optimize the look desired and best results

* Best if you use a professional expert to cut, clean, color and service your wig once a month

How do I wash my wig?

* Add mild shampoo to a bowl or sink filled with water . Use warm or cold water, but not hot.

* Hold wig clasping from front of wig base, forehead area.

* Immerse wig & gently agitate wig in the water, but do not rub.

* If needed, always use finger movement from roots to hair ends. Never rub in circular motion.

* Rinse in cool water. Always use finger movement from roots to hair ends.

* Add good conditioner, always use finger movement from roots to hair ends.

* Rinse in cold water without rubbing the hair roots.

* Blot the wig gently with a towel. Do not rub, wring or squeezing the hair.

* Brush wig gently. Use water spray and de-tangle and start brushing from the wig hair tips first, a section by section and increasing longer hair length as tangles are freed.

* Air dry if possible.

* If you use dryer use cool hair setting only.

Source(s): for more info look here: http://www.nuhair.net/wig_care.html
  • 1 decade ago

Go to this site if you have a lace wig or human hair wig, under Lace Wig Care for details...

Source(s): www.affordablelacewigs.com
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

shake the dust out of it and keep it in a clean place.

• 1 decade ago

keep it on the stand. i have wigs and if u don't play with it it'll be fine!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Axl
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

keep it from colecting dust it makes it puffy try to keep it in a bag

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.