When some one calles me "ugly" what should I say?

People call me ugly ALL THE TIME! And I am starting to think that I am. I dont really have any reson to think other wise, I mean its not like people call me pretty or anything.

So the next time some one calls me ugly, stupid or even fat. What do you think I should do? Should I make up a comeback? or should I just walk away?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

just walk away.... and dont listen... my sister always called me fat growing up.. i was smaller than her, but since she told me that so much, i belived that i was fat weighing in at 108 lbs when i was 17.... it depressed me that i was so "fat" love who you are and dont care what others think!!

• 1 decade ago

Walk away!

You know, i'm not that old but I am old enough to know that when it comes down to it, the only persons opinion that matters is mine! Especially if the comments are coming from someone that you don't know or has no significant impact whatsoever on your life.

What it all boils down to is how you feel about yourself. Usually the one critisizing or putting down others is the one that has the low self-esteem and that is their way of making them feel better about themselves.

You only believe what you tell yourself. I don't care what anyone thinks about me and my looks. I'm sure that there are plenty of people in this world that would say that I am not that good looking of a guy but you know what, DON'T CARE!! I know that in my eyes I am a good looking guy with a great heart and personality and as long as I believe that it does not matter what anyone else thinks.

Be the better person, the more beautiful person, and don't give them a second of your time, just thank them and walk away.

• 1 decade ago

thats very inconsiderate of dem but to answer ur question just smile and politely tell them thanks u thought the same thing when u first saw dem :) well i would but to be honest i dont think u would so sweety just smile and walk away but if u feel like making a comeback just smile and doing as if ur saying the sweetest thing though i dont think that make u feel much better but wats beauty on the inside shines true way more than anything else so carry a sweet smile always and those same idiots will start smiling wit u

• 1 decade ago

That's such crap, and people are real asses. People will tell you it's best to ignore it and walk away...not give them what they want (your attention). But, I always like to retort to things, as long as I've got a good, quick, witty comeback. Seriously...if you've got something in mind...do it. Kick them in the junk, slap them, give a good verbal retort...anything. Just do it. ****...it'll make you feel better in the long-run...and make them fear you, and will shut them up. That's crap about people calling you ugly. What the hell. You're probably beautiful, and they say mean things just to get your attention. A lot of people do that, actually...it's sort of a twisted psychological thing humans do...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. If someone says you ugly probably their soul is ugly. I don't know how old you are but as you mature you'll understand human qualities are much more beautiful than just outer beauty.

Take care and don't bother too much with whatever people tell you. They are no Judge

• 1 decade ago

Who are they to decide if you are pretty or ugly? That is so rude, I am assuming you are young as in still in school. only kids can be so rude! Nobody that I consider a respectable human being would treat another person wth such disrespect. Ugly is as ugly does..those people who treat you the way they do--ugly ARE ugly. They who have to treat others poorly struggle inwardly..please remember that. It always helped me forgive the ugly name callers. God thinks I'm beautiful, he made me.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ugly people have time to play the piano and write novels because they don't have to waste their lives on vapid conversation and hanging out with other lazy beautiful people.

Also, anyone who would insult a stranger would have to be insane, their opinions meaningless, while equally true, anyone who would acknowledge what some stranger says about them has issues. Only your loved one's opinions matter.

• 1 decade ago

If it offends you so much that you walk away than that shows that you really are scared that you're ugly.

You need a comeback, otherwise they're just picking on you. Talk about how they're not so hot, and scared that they're really ugly

• 1 decade ago

Don't give that person the satisfaction of hurting your feelings. If they make rude comments, just ignore them, eventually they will get tired of not getting a reaction out of you. And please, work on your self esteem. You don't need people telling you that you are gorgeous all the time to be beautiful. Let your inner person show, and you will attract the kind of people you deserve to be surrounded by.

• 1 decade ago

follow the advice of Eleanor Roosevelt, no one but yourself can make you feel inferior. dont let other people get you down. the person you have to please, ultimately is yourself. if you feel beautiful then you are, if you act beautiful then people will respond and treat you as such. it is not so much a matter of appearance but a matter of attitude.

as for how to respond. it all depends on the kind of person... i always like to say, "So says the pot.." ( you know that pot calling the kettle black.. calling them ugly too, unless they dont get the reference then you can also make them feel stupid) and if they do it a lot, i've said, you see, beauty fades, but brains last a lifetime, looks like i've got a longer shelf life.

or just shrug it off. eventually people will get over it, and they will start to admire you for your ability to take things as they come.

dont focus on appearance. its not what matters.

• 1 decade ago

You know what?As the song goes :

"People are all the same

And we only get judged by what we do

Personality reflects name

And if I'm ugly then

So are you

So are you "

That's what I think about it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.